Windows 10: Trying to restore Windows 10 backup image to a new hard drive but keep getting error...

Discus and support Trying to restore Windows 10 backup image to a new hard drive but keep getting error... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive failed last week, so I purchased a replacement 3.5'' Sata drive of the same size 1TB and installed it in my computer.I have been trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartinWalsh6, May 5, 2021.

1. Trying to restore Windows 10 backup image to a new hard drive but keep getting error...

My hard drive failed last week, so I purchased a replacement 3.5'' Sata drive of the same size 1TB and installed it in my computer.I have been trying to do a system image restore from my backup drive from an image that was created the week before my hard drive crashed.Everytime I try to restore my Windows 10 image I keep getting the following error ''Windows system image restore failed. The parameter is incorrect. Error code 0x80070057''. How can I get past this error and restore my successfully backed up image that was created within Windows 10 using the windows 7 backup and restore to

:)

MartinWalsh6, May 5, 2021
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, May 5, 2021
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, May 5, 2021
  4. Trying to restore Windows 10 backup image to a new hard drive but keep getting error...

Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue Trying to restore Windows 10 backup image to a new hard drive but keep getting error... :p

de.das.dude, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Trying to restore Windows 10 backup image to a new hard drive but keep getting error...

1. Trying to restore Windows 10 backup image to a new hard drive but keep getting error... - Similar Threads - Trying restore backup

2. unable to do an image backup of C drive, keep getting error 0x80080005.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to do an image backup of C drive, keep getting error 0x80080005.: I want to migrate win 10 from spinning HD to a SSD, but am unable to do an image back up first as directions tell me to, I keep getting error 0x80080005. Did the whole renaming process under the run admin to no avail. I also did a re install of win 10 successfully, but that...
  3. unable to do an image backup of C drive, keep getting error 0x80080005.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to do an image backup of C drive, keep getting error 0x80080005.: I want to migrate win 10 from spinning HD to a SSD, but am unable to do an image back up first as directions tell me to, I keep getting error 0x80080005. Did the whole renaming process under the run admin to no avail. I also did a re install of win 10 successfully, but that...
  4. unable to do an image backup of C drive, keep getting error 0x80080005.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Backup Images "Disappear" on USB Hard Drive

Windows 10 Backup Images "Disappear" on USB Hard Drive: I have the most current version of Windows 10. I have a Western Digital 1TB USB hard drive connected to my desktop. I disconnected the WD hard drive from my desktop and did an image backup, using the Windows built-in backup utility, of my daughter's laptop and my wife's...
  6. Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?

Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?: When i made a backup image file in my external hard drive can i directly restore it from my hard drive or should i make a bootable copy at an optical drive? And if it's possible to use my hard drive will it erase all the data inside the hard drive?...
  7. How to restore Windows 10 system image to a new hard drive?

How to restore Windows 10 system image to a new hard drive?: How to restore a Windows 10 system image to a new hard drive? Re-ask: I want to shift my operating system to a new disk. I have the system image on an external HDD. I have the new disk installed in the computer. C: is disk 0 and the new disk is disk 1. the new disk is...
  8. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  9. error when trying to restore a system image backup. It says backup was created with BIOS...

error when trying to restore a system image backup. It says backup was created with BIOS...: I had a processor fail causing my MBR to be corrupted. I did not have an SRD for this system. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro 64 bit from your site. I have a good backup of the system but version 1809 of Windows will not perform a system image restore. I download windows 10 Pro...
  10. Does restoring a Windows image to a new hard drive copy all the errors

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does restoring a Windows image to a new hard drive copy all the errors: Does restoring a Windows image to a new hard drive copy all the errors of the failing hard drive? I was at my local pc store for him to change over my hard drive. But he said it was Windows 10 that was the problem and to factory reset my PC. I think him seeing it was an HP,...