Windows 10: Trying to run an application and getting an error

Discus and support Trying to run an application and getting an error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to run an application but when I try to run it I get the error message "This application requires one of the following versions of .NET... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZACHARY JIANNINEY, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Trying to run an application and getting an error

I'm trying to run an application but when I try to run it I get the error message "This application requires one of the following versions of .NET Framework v1.14322 Do you want to install this .Net Framework version now?"I tried to install the latest Net Framework version 4.8 developer mode and I got this error message"Setup failed One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup. For more information see the log file. 0x8000ffff - Catastrophic failure"Here is the log file[1044:3E3C][2022-08-10T19:20:26]i001: Burn v3.14.0.2812, Windows v10.0 Build 22000

:)

ZACHARY JIANNINEY, Aug 10, 2022

2. Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Teco.exe Application Error (oxc0000e5)

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are facing The application was unable to start correctly error.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• When exactly you get this error message?
    • Is this issue specific to any particular application?

This issue might have occurred if:

• There is a previous installation of the same application on the machine and you try to install a newer version.
    • There are registry corruptions related to the application during upgrade.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan, System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

In order to run System File Checker (SFC) you can follow the steps provided in the following link:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Step 2: I suggest you to run Microsoft Safety Scanner
    which help to remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Hope it helps. Try the and get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Trying to run an application and getting an error

Error Code 0x80072F76-0x20016 When Running Fresh Start Application

Hi Michael,

Too many applications running on the background can result to
    error code 0x80072F76-0x20016. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What application are you trying to launch/run before receiving the error message?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot to ensure that you are
    running Windows 10 using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Trying to run an application and getting an error

1. Trying to run an application and getting an error - Similar Threads - Trying run application

2. Anyone getting an Application Virtualization Client service not running error when trying...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone getting an Application Virtualization Client service not running error when trying...: I'm getting this error message when I try to open some Microsoft Excel files:Fortunately, I don't have the problem with a worksheet file, and so my workaround is to first open it. While keeping it open, I then open the other Excel file I need. Every time a Windows update...
  3. Anyone getting an Application Virtualization Client service not running error when trying...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone getting an Application Virtualization Client service not running error when trying...: I'm getting this error message when I try to open some Microsoft Excel files:Fortunately, I don't have the problem with a worksheet file, and so my workaround is to first open it. While keeping it open, I then open the other Excel file I need. Every time a Windows update...
  4. Trying to run an application and getting an error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to run an application and getting an error: I'm trying to run an application but when I try to run it I get the error message "This application requires one of the following versions of .NET Framework v1.14322 Do you want to install this .Net Framework version now?"I tried to install the latest Net Framework version...
  5. Trying to run an application and getting an error

Trying to run an application and getting an error: I'm trying to run an application but when I try to run it I get the error message "This application requires one of the following versions of .NET Framework v1.14322 Do you want to install this .Net Framework version now?"I tried to install the latest Net Framework version...
  6. I get a weird error message when trying to run a newly installed application "the format...

I get a weird error message when trying to run a newly installed application "the format...: I'm not exactly sure how to go about resolving this issue I've never run into it before. I've done research on .NET Framework but I'm still unsure about how to prevent this from happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. I get a weird error message when trying to run a newly installed application "the format...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get a weird error message when trying to run a newly installed application "the format...: I'm not exactly sure how to go about resolving this issue I've never run into it before. I've done research on .NET Framework but I'm still unsure about how to prevent this from happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  8. ERROR - RUNNING A APPLICATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ERROR - RUNNING A APPLICATION: after starting the application ETABS , application frozen or not responding , I have tried to troubleshooting it with compatibility setting but stills occurring same problem . Please someone help me yo get rid of this problem...
  9. ERROR - RUNNING A APPLICATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR - RUNNING A APPLICATION: after starting the application ETABS , application frozen or not responding , I have tried to troubleshooting it with compatibility setting but stills occurring same problem . Please someone help me yo get rid of this problem...
  10. rcv error trying to run application

rcv error trying to run application: (631) Application is being updated... shows up when I try to launch the program .exe file from it's sub directory. How do I get rid of notification since program is definitely NOT being updated. Thanks for any help BobL 17121