Windows 10: Trying to run application in Windows 10, worked in previous versions

Discus and support Trying to run application in Windows 10, worked in previous versions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear All, This is my first post in this forum. I am Support Engineer and usually try to find solutions on my own. At this time I need your support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by videoclocknet, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Trying to run application in Windows 10, worked in previous versions

Dear All,

This is my first post in this forum. I am Support Engineer and usually try to find solutions on my own. At this time I need your support because I don't know what to do and I'm worrying about my position.

We have been using our Management application for about 8 years. Now we have bought some laptops with Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. On some of them these applications work, on some others they do not. It is the same laptop model on all of these situations.

The error I get when I execute the application is as follows: "Exception EOleException in module adortl70.bpl at 00007C9A. [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect().]SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

I have tried to execute the application as Administrator without success. Just to say the users have read and write access over the folders.

Curiously, this application does not access an SQL Server database, but an old Borland database.

I have thought it is about a missing registered dll. But I have seen the used dlls from a working machine and have registered them in the machine experiencing the issue without success.

The laptop is connected to the usual LAN when trying to launch the application.

For me it seems like if the application tried to use a wrong database driver to execute the application.

If you guide me to troubleshoot this issue, it would be easier.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

:)

videoclocknet, Dec 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 "run programs made for previous versions of Windows"

my cannon printer will not run normally with windows 10 on my laptop it said that this is a 64 bit program that can not run on windows 10 I asked the Cannon service rep but they said they do not have a patch for this is there an emulator I can use to make
    the printer think I am using a windows 7 or 8 ?

Cricket2013, Dec 18, 2017
  3. brie42 Win User
    Windows 10 "run programs made for previous versions of Windows"

I am buying a new computer and I am concerned that some of my older programs won't run in Windows 10.

As I don't have Windows 10 at the moment, I want to know if 10 has the option to install programs using the Windows 7 version.

The programs I have are the set of Adobe Creative Suites CS5.

If Windows 10 has the option, how does it work?

brie42, Dec 18, 2017
Thema:

Trying to run application in Windows 10, worked in previous versions

1. Trying to run application in Windows 10, worked in previous versions - Similar Threads - Trying run application

2. Restoring to a previous version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring to a previous version of windows 10: Due to a failed windows update I lost my entire OS and had to reinstall, losing all the data and programs that had not yet been backed up. With the new build, some of my apps do not work correctly some have known issues that the developer is working on. They worked well in...
  3. Trying to go back to previous version of windows

Trying to go back to previous version of windows: So, I updated to the 9013 update last Thursday and when my PC first booted up, it was all wrong. So I contacted Microsoft support and some Indian guy took control of my PC, activated the Administrator account, and "fixed" the problem. Even though after I restarted it, it...
  4. reverting to a previous version of windows 10.

reverting to a previous version of windows 10.: Hi, I used to have version 1709 win 10 pro and bought a new system, This new system is running on version 1803 which does not run any of the apps I use … how do I get back to this version of windows? Any help would be appreciated. Im not the most tech savy sorry...
  5. Previous versions

Previous versions: Hello there! In System properties, system protection is "on" for C and E drive I can also see 5 restore point when i click "system restore" from control panel's System properties But when i click on restore previous version on any of the folder in those two drives it...
  6. Previous Versions of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Previous Versions of Windows 10 Home: Good evening, Please send me the link with all versions of Windows 15011, 1611 to 1809. IM waiting for a message! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-versions-of-windows-10-home/0f02ccb8-2b47-4351-b4e1-ae83aaece7c5
  7. Previous versions of Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Previous versions of Windows 10 pro: Hello Dear Sir / Madam, I have a Windows 10 Pro license and I want to download it all windows 10 pro older versions such as: 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803 Thank you! IM waiting for a message! A great day!...
  8. Deleting previous versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting previous versions of windows 10: I have being trying to delete previous verions of windows 10 by clinking on storage, then Temporary files and selecting Previous version of Windows, clicking on remove files, no files are deleted. What can I do now?...
  9. Windows 10 keeps restoring to previous version when trying to update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps restoring to previous version when trying to update: Hey there! I'm on build 16257.1 and everytime i try to update it starts out fine: Downloads updates > Restarts > installs updates, but at some point it just restarts again and it says it's restoring my previous version of windows. Does anyone know what's causing this or...
  10. Previous versions not working as expected with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Previous versions not working as expected with Windows 10: Restore points are correctly configured and working. Why I can't restore old file (new one has changed) from 'Properties > Previous versions' as expected? As you can see from ShadowExplorer utility there is an old copy. [img] Previous versions with Windows 10 should...