Windows 10: Trying to run hardware and devices troubleshooter but gives me this error? Windows 10

Discus and support Trying to run hardware and devices troubleshooter but gives me this error? Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Package ID: DeviceDiagnostic Path: C:\WINDOWS\Diagnostics\Index\DeviceDiagnostic.xml Error code: 0x8000FFFF Source: Page load User:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerishBon, Jun 27, 2019.

1. TerishBon Win User

Trying to run hardware and devices troubleshooter but gives me this error? Windows 10

Package ID: DeviceDiagnostic

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Diagnostics\Index\DeviceDiagnostic.xml

Error code: 0x8000FFFF

Source: Page load

User: desktop\admin

Context: Elevated

Error above pops up when I try to run the troublshooter, I have admin rights on my account so I don't see how this isn't working? Is there a way to run it with administrator?

Also I went to troubleshoot because my mouse one day started flickering randomly, in random intervals, and I was searching for a fix which led me to here. Any idea if they've got any correlation?

Cheers guys :^)

:)

TerishBon, Jun 27, 2019

2. Error 10 (device doesn't start) while trying to load a VCP to a USB serial converter on Windows 10

HI Joost,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the USB device on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Is this issue specific to the device (Are you able to connect any other device to your computer)?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message along with Error 10?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks
    for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft support article, refer to the section Error code: 10, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Step 3: I suggest you to download and install the pending updates on your computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 - USB device not recognized... - trying to connect windows phone to windows 10...

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask:

• Did you try connecting the USB to a different USB port?

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?
    Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter and check if it identifies any issues.

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device option from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Arul_D, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Time Lady Win User

Trying to run hardware and devices troubleshooter but gives me this error? Windows 10

troubleshooter hardware and devices

Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Configure a device.

Or: Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.

Click on “View All” in the top left corner.

This should display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Time Lady, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Trying to run hardware and devices troubleshooter but gives me this error? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trying run hardware

2. Issues with hardware and device troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with hardware and device troubleshooter: I recently had a problem which was the live kernel event with codes 1a8 and 1b8 saying hardware error so when i troubleshooted with hardware and devices troubleshooter it says me to restart to finish installing drivers and updates. Like whenever i run the troubleshooter it...
  3. Issues with hardware and device troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with hardware and device troubleshooter: I recently had a problem which was the live kernel event with codes 1a8 and 1b8 saying hardware error so when i troubleshooted with hardware and devices troubleshooter it says me to restart to finish installing drivers and updates. Like whenever i run the troubleshooter it...
  4. Hardware and Devices Troubleshoot Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshoot Error: Hello,I saw this thread Troubleshooting Wizard doesn't work - Microsoft Community and I tried following the instructions. For the sfc /scannow, it found no integrity violations. I followed as stated aftwerwards:dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealthNo component store...
  5. Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device,...: Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.” This started happening last night 1-12-2021 when I installed two Windows updates and rebooted. McAffee...
  6. can not run hardware and devices troubleshooter win10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can not run hardware and devices troubleshooter win10 version 2004: since july 2020 , can not run hardware and devices troubleshooter win10 version 2004 and problems with one drive full....dont think they are related and dont need one drive at this time but not sure what to do to...
  7. Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter: On both my desktop pc and laptop when accessing Troubleshooter History the title Hardware and Devices troubleshooter are in blue hyperlink and 'Could not be run on 03/07/2020 Critical troubleshooter' appear in red. When I click on the link I get...
  8. Troubleshooting Windows Hardware Errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Troubleshooting Windows Hardware Errors: I'm having an issue where Windows is consistently crashing and Reliability Monitor logs hardware errors that I can't seem to find a spot to begin troubleshooting. Here's an example of an error from today: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎3/‎24/‎2020 10:21 AM...
  9. Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will show you how to access and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, which seems to have been deprecated from Windows 10. Technically, the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter hasn’t been removed entirely from the Windows 10 [...]...
  10. Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...: Windows 10 Pro build 17134 I've just finished an upgrade to my PC, swapping motherboard, CPU and memory. I migrated the hard drives from the old machine intending to keep my system/install as was. Prior to dismantling the old system I checked that Windows was showing me as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hardware and devices troubleshooter error