Windows 10: Trying to run Powershell script to install a program but it doesnt start the installation

Discus and support Trying to run Powershell script to install a program but it doesnt start the installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Team, I have written a powershell script to run the installation in a remote machine. However the installation seems to be running in task manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Santhosh KumarVoruganti, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Trying to run Powershell script to install a program but it doesnt start the installation

Hi Team,

I have written a powershell script to run the installation in a remote machine. However the installation seems to be running in task manager on remote machine but it is not happening or progressing. Can you help me here?

:)

Santhosh KumarVoruganti, Jul 27, 2018

2. Logon script to install software to run w/o admin priviledges

I'm trying to get a script to work from Group policy to install a photo editing software from google called picasa.

My script currnetly looks like:

IF EXIST C:\picasainstalled-dont-delete.txt exit ELSE start \\timothyclass\Data\picasa35-setup.exe /S /L

echo.>C:\picasainstalled-dont-delete.txt

and a parameter when placed in group policy of: runas /user:student.timothy.com\Administrator

Although im guessing it wants the password and doesnt prompt for it *Frown Trying to run Powershell script to install a program but it doesnt start the installation :(.

Any suggestions on how i can do this?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 27, 2018
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jul 27, 2018
  4. EckiS Win User

Trying to run Powershell script to install a program but it doesnt start the installation

PowerShell script run - Cmdlets

As SQL-IP and Cosmos are still internal to Microsoft, I wonder why you are not simply contacting the person who provided you with the scripts.

For point 1: see PowerShell: Bypass ExecutionPolicy to run downloaded scripts

For point2: this is specific to the script: "Cosmos.Document" is probably in a module which is not found.

EckiS, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Trying to run Powershell script to install a program but it doesnt start the installation

1. Trying to run Powershell script to install a program but it doesnt start the installation - Similar Threads - Trying run Powershell

2. Cannot get PowerShell script to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get PowerShell script to run: Hi,No matter what I try I cannot get permission to run a .ps1 file. I always get this error:& : File C:\Program Files\putty\pagentpass.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at...
  3. Cannot get PowerShell script to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get PowerShell script to run: Hi,No matter what I try I cannot get permission to run a .ps1 file. I always get this error:& : File C:\Program Files\putty\pagentpass.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at...
  4. Run desktop script in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run desktop script in PowerShell: I have a script on my desktop that I need to run in PowerShell; how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-desktop-script-in-powershell/666a7726-8cbd-42c7-ac2c-419229432252
  5. Run desktop script in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run desktop script in PowerShell: I have a script on my desktop that I need to run in PowerShell; how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-desktop-script-in-powershell/666a7726-8cbd-42c7-ac2c-419229432252
  6. Run desktop script in PowerShell

7. Running PowerShell script as a batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running PowerShell script as a batch file: Can I run the Power Shell line: "C:\Windows\System32>get-appxpackage *3dbuilder* | remove-appxpackage" from a .Bat file? ***Original title: Removing bloatware***...
  8. Run PowerShell Script As An Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Run PowerShell Script As An Administrator: Hi. So I've been searching online on a way to do this yet I cannot find a way to do it. _______________________________________ I need this in specific: I want to double click a PowerShell script file (which will run as an administrator) from Windows Explorer that has...
  9. Computer tries to start program that's no longer installed.

Computer tries to start program that's no longer installed.: First off, I want to say that this is not a problem, but only an annoyance. After upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 on my sister-in-law's laptop, the computer tries to start up this program about every 2 minutes: [img] As you can see, it is no longer installed, so maybe...
  10. PowerShell Scripting - Run a Script from Shortcut

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PowerShell Scripting - Run a Script from Shortcut: How to: PowerShell Scripting - Run a Script from Shortcut [img] Information One of many PowerShell security features is that you can't run a script simply by double clicking it's icon on desktop or in a folder. Doing so will by default open script in Notepad for editing...