Windows 10: Trying to run Sims 1 on my Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Trying to run Sims 1 on my Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, all. I am trying to run the base game for The Sims on my laptop. I have tried to download patches but they seem to be only for the deluxe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by coldcase97, May 11, 2020.

1. Trying to run Sims 1 on my Windows 10 laptop

Hi, all. I am trying to run the base game for The Sims on my laptop. I have tried to download patches but they seem to be only for the deluxe editions. i have also tried running in compatibility mode for all Windows OS.

I once had issues running Sims 2 on my laptop, but that was resolved after running a patch and running in compatibility mode.

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!!

:)

coldcase97, May 11, 2020

2. Can't run sims 1.

Hi Addison,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• Can you run other games on the computer?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps provided below and check, if it helps.

The issue is occurring due to outdated or corrupt graphics card driver.

Method 1:

You may also update the graphic card driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

•Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

•Expand “Display Adaptor”.

•Right click on the graphic card driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

Install the latest Display adaptor driver and Graphic card driver in Compatibility mode:

I would suggest you to uninstall and download the Latest the Display adaptor driver and Graphic card driver from manufacture's website and reinstall it in compatibility mode.

1. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in

Compatibility Mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

4. Let the driver to install and then, check the functionality.

I would also suggest you to uninstall and download the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software from The Sims official game software website and reinstall it in compatibility mode.

Try to follow these steps to uninstall the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software:

1. Press Windows key + R, to get the RUN command.

2. In RUN command Window, type control.

3. The Control Panel appears, then go to programs and features option.

4. In the programs and features option, go to the Uninstall or change a program and then, you can uninstall the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 11, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 11, 2020
  4. Trying to run Sims 1 on my Windows 10 laptop

Laptop running Windows 10 keeps freezing

Hi,

Since you already tried several troubleshooting steps, such us running a hardware diagnostic test on all hardware components, checked the system files, updated all drivers, and as well the BIOS, then this is perhaps an issue with the laptop itself. Now,
    to isolate what is causing performance issues on your laptop, we suggest that you perform a factory reset, then check if it's the same. To perform the suggest step, please refer to this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

If the issue persists after performing the suggested step, contact the laptop manufacturer to have it replaced.

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Trying to run Sims 1 on my Windows 10 laptop

1. Trying to run Sims 1 on my Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Trying run Sims

2. Trying to download Sims 4?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to download Sims 4?: Hi,I was gifted a HP laptop for Christmas. Have tried to download Sims 4, but the EA app where i need to download the gsme is 'not verified by Microsoft' so am unable to to do this. I am using Windows 11 Home in S Mode 22h2 version.Can anyone help please?Thanks...
  3. Trying to download Sims 4?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to download Sims 4?: Hi,I was gifted a HP laptop for Christmas. Have tried to download Sims 4, but the EA app where i need to download the gsme is 'not verified by Microsoft' so am unable to to do this. I am using Windows 11 Home in S Mode 22h2 version.Can anyone help please?Thanks...
  4. sim not show in my laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sim not show in my laptop windows 10: sim not show in my laptop in windows 10 dell laptop 64 bit 4GB ram with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sim-not-show-in-my-laptop-windows-10/805492d9-4606-445c-9d9a-2e03cde85fca
  5. sim not show in my laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sim not show in my laptop windows 10: sim not show in my laptop in windows 10 dell laptop 64 bit 4GB ram with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sim-not-show-in-my-laptop-windows-10/805492d9-4606-445c-9d9a-2e03cde85fca
  6. sim not show in my laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why is my Sim City 3000 not running?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my Sim City 3000 not running?: When I try to launch my game I keep getting an error "unknown exception". What is causing this? A friend says that this is particular to windows 10? My other old game "Panzer General 111" is also not running anymore. Should I change to an older version of Windows or try a...
  8. Can my Surface run the Sims 4 + expansions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can my Surface run the Sims 4 + expansions?: I have a Surface Pro 6 (?), here's the specs or whatever [ATTACH] I'm wondering if this can run the Sims 4 and expansions smoothly and without messing up/slowing down my laptop. I'm not at all technically adept to figure it out myself, so any help would be appreciated....
  9. Sims 4 not running properly on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sims 4 not running properly on Windows 10: To get straight to the point, ever since my software upgraded to Windows 10 the Sims 4 hasn't been working well. It opens and just lingers on the black screen but I discovered that if i go to the desktop then back to the Sims 4 tab it progresses, usually to the colorful logo...
  10. Sims 1 won't work on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sims 1 won't work on Windows 10.: I have recently installed Windows 10 and now my Sims 1 game won't work. I installed it on my laptop when I had Windows 8.1, and it worked fine. I can go into "This PC" and play the game from the disc drive, when I do this it gives me an initial screen but when I click play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sims 1 windows 10