Windows 10: Trying to RUN %temp% brings up open with dialog.

Discus and support Trying to RUN %temp% brings up open with dialog. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have same issue as in this thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesCusano, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Trying to RUN %temp% brings up open with dialog.

I have same issue as in this thread

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-in-run-not-working/95fbdc60-397f-4096-9aa0-35c7efa92cf7

:)

JamesCusano, Sep 30, 2020

2. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Explorer shutting down then re-opening

Hi,

If you're getting an error code: 0xC1800103-0x90002, we suggest that you clear the Temp folder. Clearing the Temp folder will help us to speed up your PC. Having these files on your computer can actually cause it to have some internal errors. To clear your
    Temporary folder, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type Temp
    • Hit Enter to open the Temp folder.
    • Delete all the temporary files.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

After deleting the files in your Temp folder, try to do an in-place upgrade again suggested by
    Michelle Her.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Rafael Com, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Alvan Z Win User

Trying to RUN %temp% brings up open with dialog.

run cmd files should show modal or modeless dialog boxes?

I noticed odd behaviour with the "open file security warning" dialog box, but it can happen to other dialog boxes as well.

Here are the steps to reproduce:

1. Create a .cmd file in which you call a 'blocked' installer with a dialog box.
    2. If you just Run the cmd-file, you will get the "open file security warning" in a modal dialog box, which is a good thing, I think: The user will always see the dialog box. But if you Run as administrator, the dialog boxes are shown in a modeless state.
      In this way the dialog boxes can be in the background and the user can wait forever, because it is possible he/she doesn't notice the dialog box (behind the command prompt).

Is this wanted behaviour or is this a bug?

BTW I am using Windows 10 1809 (Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.805])

Alvan Z, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Trying to RUN %temp% brings up open with dialog.

1. Trying to RUN %temp% brings up open with dialog. - Similar Threads - Trying RUN %temp%

2. %temp% not opening in run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% not opening in run: i already tried sfc /scannow it did not fix, it keeps asking me what app to open with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-not-opening-in-run/3f293b8e-fcb2-4e3d-8411-7ba0358df10a
  3. %temp% not opening in run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    %temp% not opening in run: i already tried sfc /scannow it did not fix, it keeps asking me what app to open with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-not-opening-in-run/3f293b8e-fcb2-4e3d-8411-7ba0358df10a
  4. Virus fragment keeps bringing up dialog window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus fragment keeps bringing up dialog window: So I was a little bit of an idiot and downloaded an email virus. When I opened the file, it created a virtual disk drive D:\ and when I saw that I immediately deleted it and ran Windows virus protection and it found some stuff and fixed it. So then I thought the problem was...
  5. Virus fragment keeps bringing up dialog window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus fragment keeps bringing up dialog window: So I was a little bit of an idiot and downloaded an email virus. When I opened the file, it created a virtual disk drive D:\ and when I saw that I immediately deleted it and ran Windows virus protection and it found some stuff and fixed it. So then I thought the problem was...
  6. Virus fragment keeps bringing up dialog window

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Macrium right click image>Restore brings up create image dialog

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium right click image>Restore brings up create image dialog: When I right click on an image to restore and select the restore option the create image dialog window comes up rather than the restore window. This only happens the first time you do it. If you close the window and do it again the correct restore dialog window appears. This...
  8. Open Dialog, trying to save some clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Dialog, trying to save some clicks: Hi, on Mac, when I open a dialog it will default to the last used location. On windows, it's going to the same one every time, and i don't know where it's getting that information from. I'm replacing stock clips in premiere, every time i open a dialog to replace, it's...
  9. RUN dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    RUN dialog: Been fighting with this for very long time, Start > RUN doesn't display any past entries/commands, list is always empty, it opens up but nothing in it, empty like a pocket, nothing, nada and not even that. Works fine in insider build on same machine, All customizing is...
  10. WIn10 windoeskey + R and trying to run $temp% results in a

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIn10 windoeskey + R and trying to run $temp% results in a: trying to run %temp% and a popup window occurs that says "How do you want to open this file?" This is a wrong response and MCAfee says that my WIn10 is corrupted? Anyone else have this and what do I do?...