Windows 10: trying to save files on a flash drive

Discus and support trying to save files on a flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plugged my flash drive in to my Lenovo IdeaPad 330 and there is no icon showing up that gives me a spot to save my files onto it. please help i need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KittinnK., Jun 18, 2020.

1. KittinnK. Win User

trying to save files on a flash drive

I plugged my flash drive in to my Lenovo IdeaPad 330 and there is no icon showing up that gives me a spot to save my files onto it. please help i need to free up space on my computer.

:)

KittinnK., Jun 18, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jun 18, 2020
  3. How to save the picture in computer from flash drive

Hi Mommamedic,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Connect the flash drive to the system and go to file explorer.

• Open the flash drive, go to the picture folder.

• Press Ctrl key + A, right click on the picture, select
      copy
      and go to the drive/folder where you want to save the picture, right click on it and select
      paste.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

trying to save files on a flash drive

1. trying to save files on a flash drive - Similar Threads - trying save files

2. Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive: Hi Everyone,I would like to ask if you can create windows image file and save to your flash drive / thumb drive. i know how to create system image and save it to hard drive / ssd drive. wondering if i can install it to smaller type of storage 64gb flash drive.can anyone help...
  3. Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive: Hi Everyone,I would like to ask if you can create windows image file and save to your flash drive / thumb drive. i know how to create system image and save it to hard drive / ssd drive. wondering if i can install it to smaller type of storage 64gb flash drive.can anyone help...
  4. How to save to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save to a flash drive: How do you save to a flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-to-a-flash-drive/3462afbe-839d-407f-a7b2-ba4b75fdbabb
  5. How to save to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save to a flash drive: How do you save to a flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-to-a-flash-drive/3462afbe-839d-407f-a7b2-ba4b75fdbabb
  6. Trying to recover files from a failed Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to recover files from a failed Flash Drive: Ok here's my situation. Back in late August early September I had a flash drive fail and unfortunately it was the most important flash drive I had. It contained music writing and artwork I created among other things over the last several years. It seems to have started when I...
  7. Powerpoint saving to flash drive

Powerpoint saving to flash drive: How do I save powerpoint presentation to thumb drive... I am new to this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint-saving-to-flash-drive/0be8016b-011f-41a5-b040-9be17e4ef21b"
  8. corrupted files on flash drive

corrupted files on flash drive: windows 10 made my flash drive read only when making a recovery file but didnt finish and locked the drive, how can I reformat it as it is read only now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-files-on-flash-drive/7899ff17-a093-4968-873d-bb3911658758"
  9. deleted flash drive files

deleted flash drive files: can deleted files from a flash drive be recovered? If so how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-flash-drive-files/92e36e7f-77fc-49c0-bccd-f23130f3aff4"
  10. Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive: Hi. For the first time I downloaded a movie I purchased from the Microsoft store. It seems like I can only watch it online (under "My Films and TV"). Is there a way I can save it on to a flash drive and watch it on another device devoid of Internet connection? I already paid...