Windows 10: Trying to scan a document to my PC

Discus and support Trying to scan a document to my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to scan a document to my PC I can't save it because ONE DRIVE doesn't recognize the file. I've turned One Drive off and get the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveNicholson215, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Trying to scan a document to my PC

When I try to scan a document to my PC I can't save it because ONE DRIVE doesn't recognize the file. I've turned One Drive off and get the same results. My old PC had no problems in saving a scanned document.

:)

DaveNicholson215, Aug 6, 2020

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Aug 6, 2020
  3. scan a document

Hi Frank,

Scanned documents can be saved on your PC as JPEG, bitmap, or PNG files. For us to better address your scan issue, we'd like to know the following:

• What scanning application are you using? Send us a screenshot.
    • Were you able to set JPG as default before?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Amylove Loy, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Trying to scan a document to my PC

Scanned Documents will not post to file in Windows 10

Hi Dougars,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.

Next try to scan the documents and check if it shows the same error code.

Please let us know if it’s working.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Trying to scan a document to my PC

1. Trying to scan a document to my PC - Similar Threads - Trying scan document

2. WHERE ARE MY SCANNED DOCUMENTS?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHERE ARE MY SCANNED DOCUMENTS?: Just scanned the document but cannot find it on the system. Windows 10.*Moved from Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-scanned-documents/4eaf82fd-a93e-4060-9d90-9c467e4de072
  3. WHERE ARE MY SCANNED DOCUMENTS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE ARE MY SCANNED DOCUMENTS?: Just scanned the document but cannot find it on the system. Windows 10.*Moved from Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-scanned-documents/4eaf82fd-a93e-4060-9d90-9c467e4de072
  4. WHERE ARE MY SCANNED DOCUMENTS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. scanned documents

in Cortana
    scanned documents: Is it possible to fax scanned documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanned-documents/a30e52f0-fc9f-4ff6-b0c9-51defcc3c7a5
  6. Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC: I have attempted scanning a document from my Brother MCF-L3745COW printer to my HP Pc but the printer says I need to change my firewall settings to allow the printer and PC to communicate. Does anyone know how to do this please? I have windows 10 on my PC...
  7. scanning documents

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanning documents: I am scanning documents from my Epson scanner to my pc. All scans are going into Photos file. How do I move them into documents so I can edit them. Or, how do I scan them as documents into documents file,...
  8. trying to scan and upload a document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to scan and upload a document: I'm unsure why my printer is not scanning so I can upload an important document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-scan-and-upload-a-document/7e021bb6-4419-4be4-8b24-9ec0986027f9
  9. Scanning a document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scanning a document: I have placed a document in my scanner (MG5750 printer), and pressed the scan button. In the small screen on the printer, it says in a small oblong box 'Doc.type <Auto scan>, and at the bottom 'Scan, save, forward'. I pressed the 1st of the 3 buttons beneath the screen and...
  10. Scanning a document

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning a document: G'day, Could somebody tell me how to turn a scanned document into a word document. I want to altar some of the words & add other sentences. Or please direct me to a sight that will tell me how to do it with Window 10. Cheers Perry 60294