Windows 10: Trying to scan in the Command Prompt......that's all I know. Please Help!

Discus and support Trying to scan in the Command Prompt......that's all I know. Please Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can someone please help me out? I am getting errors when trying to scan my PC.... I just struggle with this sort of thing and I just want to get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Power1aj, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Trying to scan in the Command Prompt......that's all I know. Please Help!

Can someone please help me out? I am getting errors when trying to scan my PC....

I just struggle with this sort of thing and I just want to get it resolved. I enjoy computers, but I am honestly a loser and don't know that much about software and hardware. I would appreciate it if someone would help me resolve an issue I am having when running something in command. Again, I know I am a loser and a failure. I hate my life anyway. I don't care about succeeding, but would someone be willing to take a few mins out of there day and help me. Please and thank you

I will attach the screenshots.

https://imgur.com/wyJWtLP

https://imgur.com/oRaNZc7

Please help me out.

submitted by /u/Power1aj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Power1aj, Sep 19, 2020

2. Command prompt crashes when trying to run dism

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Command prompt crashes when trying to run dism

Me: There's smoke and fire coming out of my computer.

Support Engineer: I suggest you to run System File Checker..

Me: I can't, my house is burning down.

Support Engineer: Have you tried running System File Checker?

Me: It burns! It burns!

Support Engineer: I suggest you to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

joeo sullivan, Sep 19, 2020
  4. cwtech Win User

Trying to scan in the Command Prompt......that's all I know. Please Help!

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Trying to scan in the Command Prompt......that's all I know. Please Help!

1. Trying to scan in the Command Prompt......that's all I know. Please Help! - Similar Threads - Trying scan Command

2. Win11 Command prompt help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Command prompt help: Just upgraded to win11I'm having a problem with black squares in front of my desktop icons.I discovered that by doing a disc cleanup with the thumbnails checked on, after rebooting, it solved the problem... but unless I do that each and every time, the squares reappear.I...
  3. Win11 Command prompt help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Command prompt help: Just upgraded to win11I'm having a problem with black squares in front of my desktop icons.I discovered that by doing a disc cleanup with the thumbnails checked on, after rebooting, it solved the problem... but unless I do that each and every time, the squares reappear.I...
  4. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  5. Help with command prompt

Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  6. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...
  8. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...
  9. Trying to copy with command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to copy with command prompt: I've been trying for hours now, with copy, xcopy and robocopy, to just copy one file from my hard drive to a thumb drive. I can't even get it to copy it from the desktop, to the desktop. I've tried I think 40 or 50 different combinations, based on different articles that I'm...
  10. Mysterious Command Prompt popups - please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Command Prompt popups - please help: Since a couple of weeks now i have the command prompt popping up every hour or two. It's just a flicker, gone so fast that i cannot read what is causing the popup (the prompt seems empty btw). I looked in Task Scheduler but there are no tasks shown that did run in the last...