Windows 10: Trying to search for .txt file

Discus and support Trying to search for .txt file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, Windows 10 64 bit sys I am in dire need of everyones help please! A couple years back I created a .txt file on my pc, now trouble is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by themanfrombehin, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Trying to search for .txt file

Hi folks,

Windows 10 64 bit sys

I am in dire need of everyones help please!

A couple years back I created a .txt file on my pc, now trouble is that I forgot the name of the file and I forgot where I put it.

Im just after some ways I can try search my entire PC effectively instead of sitting through file explorer.

If there is any tool out there or any methods to look for only .txt files, sort them by date and try find the file I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

:)

themanfrombehin, Jan 6, 2021
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Find a word in a lot txt files

beats me. but it is faster using grep. what's more, in a business if you were scan through tens of thousands of documents the time saved would really add up. just saying.

the OP has a bunch of txt files and he is trying to avoid doing what you suggested because it takes forever when youve got a bunch of files.

Easy Rhino, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Trying to search for .txt file

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Trying to search for .txt file

1. Trying to search for .txt file - Similar Threads - Trying search txt

2. .txt files not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt files not opening: So I've made a python script which basicly just created .txt files. And nothing happened, my program worked and suddenly today I cant open txt files because it sais Widnows cant find the file. But if I do Open With and then sth like Visual Studio Code, it works. And yes in...
  3. .txt files not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .txt files not opening: So I've made a python script which basicly just created .txt files. And nothing happened, my program worked and suddenly today I cant open txt files because it sais Widnows cant find the file. But if I do Open With and then sth like Visual Studio Code, it works. And yes in...
  4. TXT FILES PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TXT FILES PROBLEM: Hello there my SSD disk broken from power suply and i had another one. I put the new one and i put the windows 10 i had buy.I let windows to update many times now and after 2 weeks i opened some txt files i had in second disk but the outcome is that i cant read it. I suppose...
  5. TXT FILES PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TXT FILES PROBLEM: Hello there my SSD disk broken from power suply and i had another one. I put the new one and i put the windows 10 i had buy.I let windows to update many times now and after 2 weeks i opened some txt files i had in second disk but the outcome is that i cant read it. I suppose...
  6. TXT FILES PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Debug file TXT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file TXT: [1011/110901.130:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 Every time I open a pdf file via Microsoft edge, I get this debug file. I tried deleting it but it comes up again when I open the pdf. When I am reading through...
  8. Corrupted .TXT Files?

Corrupted .TXT Files?: I don't want to add unnecessary details, so I will keep this simple. A friend created a .7z archive and password protected it with a long password. He saved this password int a .txt file but lost that txt file and didn't know how to recover it. He simply kept the archive...
  9. Windows 10 not searching inside txt files

in Cortana
    Windows 10 not searching inside txt files: Hi, Windows 10 is not searching inside txt files anymore. How can I resolve this? [Note: I had a similar issue with Windows 10 not searching inside pdf files and was able to resolve that thanks to this article:...
  10. txt file working

txt file working: working a txt file and saved. When working next txt file show history that enable quick opening a file saved previously I m using Windows 10, after last update i do not see this feature showing last saved files in .txt kindly help how can i bring back this feature...