Windows 10: Trying to search on Windows 10 and it keeps Automatically scrolling to the top.

Discus and support Trying to search on Windows 10 and it keeps Automatically scrolling to the top. in Cortana to solve the problem; When searching on the search bar in windows 10 it keeps automatically scrolling to the top, its not my mouse or keyboard because I unplugged them both... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ṚṎḄ, Jan 11, 2021.

1. ṚṎḄ Win User

Trying to search on Windows 10 and it keeps Automatically scrolling to the top.

When searching on the search bar in windows 10 it keeps automatically scrolling to the top, its not my mouse or keyboard because I unplugged them both and it kept doing it. When I restart my computer it seems to be fixed, but it happened twice already so I'm scarred it might be a file or something.

:)

ṚṎḄ, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Randall- Win User

Stop Scroll Returning to the Top of List

With Windows 10, inside a lot of applications, when scrolling down through a folder or search list, the screen will return to the top of the list. Try to scroll down again, and randomly it will return to the top of the list. You loose the section you are
    scrolling through.

I need to get it to stop doing that,

Randall-, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

automatic scrolling of windows

Thank you for the information.

First, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ruth Buruga on this

link

If that didn't work, you can check the information and solution provided on the links below:

Automatic-Scrolling

Auto-scrolling-in-Windows-10

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying to search on Windows 10 and it keeps Automatically scrolling to the top. - Similar Threads - Trying search keeps

2. Windows search keeps scrolling and in settings too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search keeps scrolling and in settings too: Started once I played a game on my PC with a controller plugged in. After I removed it it started, and even if i restart my PC or reconnect the controller the issue persists....
  3. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Cortana
    Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically: Hi there, So basically I just opened Windows Search / Windows Start menu and tried to search for something when I noticed that it kept scrolling automatically through all my apps / options on the start menu. I have attached a video turned to a gif. I can't search for anything...
  4. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically: Hi there, So basically I just opened Windows Search / Windows Start menu and tried to search for something when I noticed that it kept scrolling automatically through all my apps / options on the start menu. I have attached a video turned to a gif. I can't search for anything...
  5. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10: When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the folder automatically. It is frustrating if I am selecting multiple files/folders, renaming a file/folder, once...
  7. Windows 10 automatically scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 automatically scrolling: Hi there, I am having a problem with Windows 10 automatically scrolling downwards in certain situations. My system was fine this afternoon, but when loaded Google Maps to check an address, I noticed a problem. I did not install new software or hardware today. I have no...
  8. When trying to search on Windows ten, the start menu keeps auto scrolling to the top.

in Cortana
    When trying to search on Windows ten, the start menu keeps auto scrolling to the top.: Hey guys, I'm very confused about how to fix this. When I hit the windows key to search for a program and the start typing it auto scrolls to the top and I can't stop it. For example, if i hit the windows key and then start typing "Visual Studio" it will highlight visual...
  9. File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.: Updated Win10 Pro to 1809 before file delete issues. Patch was applied last night. In file explorer, in folders with large number of files, window will refresh back up to the top (approx every 5 seconds). After searching, the Personalization>Colors>disabling "Automatically...
  10. Screen keeps scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screen keeps scrolling to the top: Please Help, While on the browser my screen will keep scrolling to the top of the page after just a few moments after scrolling down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-keeps-scrolling-to-the-top/9c5e93de-739c-4a38-bcaf-b13729f1ba83

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows automatically scrolling to top