Windows 10: trying to set default by app - but the app I installed is not in the list

Discus and support trying to set default by app - but the app I installed is not in the list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have a windows 10 laptop and am trying to set the default by app; but the app i installed is not on the list. It is not a windows app but an app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DA1233, Jun 1, 2021.

1. DA1233 Win User

trying to set default by app - but the app I installed is not in the list

Hi I have a windows 10 laptop and am trying to set the default by app; but the app i installed is not on the list. It is not a windows app but an app called Ring Central and I am trying to set it as the default app for phone which is what i am able to do on other machines but not this windows 10 lap top...highly frustrating! if anyone can help that would be most appreciated

:)

DA1233, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Anakunda Win User

Setting defaults by app

I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app.
    In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated.
    I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to this App. In Windows 8.x it worked this way I have detailed list with sorting and multiselect capabilities. That list in Windows 10 is dummy and unable to assign other way than selecting App from drobdown for each format. Is that smarter list from Windows 8 really gone?

Anakunda, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

Hi J.C.Coelho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check whether you are able to make the Calendar as default.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default app by protocol at the bottom.
    • Select the Calendar and choose an app.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 1, 2021
  4. trying to set default by app - but the app I installed is not in the list

How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

trying to set default by app - but the app I installed is not in the list

1. trying to set default by app - but the app I installed is not in the list - Similar Threads - trying set default

2. How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?: I have an editor VIM which I'd like to set as the default app for .bat files. Actually it doesn't have to be THE default app, but preferably I would like it listed as an ap that can be used for that file type.Unfortunately, the setting for assigning default apps does not list...
  3. How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?: I have an editor VIM which I'd like to set as the default app for .bat files. Actually it doesn't have to be THE default app, but preferably I would like it listed as an ap that can be used for that file type.Unfortunately, the setting for assigning default apps does not list...
  4. Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps

Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps: How do I force default for Adobe Acrobat 10 Pro Windows app for .pdf extension https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-an-app-for-default-when-the-app-doesnt/c9149348-bb36-4fe6-ae2b-0b9bcc0b2a0c
  5. Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps: How do I force default for Adobe Acrobat 10 Pro Windows app for .pdf extension https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-an-app-for-default-when-the-app-doesnt/c9149348-bb36-4fe6-ae2b-0b9bcc0b2a0c
  6. default app not listed for a file

default app not listed for a file: how do I change the default app for file if the app is not listed but has been installed on the PC. the files are for embroidery software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-not-listed-for-a-file/646fc608-d66f-4545-bf2d-ccbc2a16545b
  7. Setting a Default App . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting a Default App . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The browsers, I have installed are: 1. Internet Explorer 2. Google Chrome 3. Mozilla Firefox 4. Comodo IceDragon Everything, I open. Movies email, etc. Uses, Internet Explorer. I don't even like,...
  8. Default apps in settings is not on the list

Default apps in settings is not on the list: I have a relatively new acer aspire, bing has sneaked into being my default browser but I can't change it because there is no Default apps in settings, it's not on the list. What can I do?...
  9. default app setting

default app setting: Good day ! I am unable to set Google Chrome as a default browser on my PC with windows 10. Is automatically set to Microsoft Edge and all attempts to change it to other type are in. Please help me to resolve this issue. Regards, J.M.Bhuskute...
  10. Setting defaults by app

Setting defaults by app: I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app. In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated. I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to...