Windows 10: Trying to set Dropbox as default backup drive

Discus and support Trying to set Dropbox as default backup drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just got a new laptop and it wants me to use onedrive as the default drive but I have to pay for it. I already pay for Dropbox and want it to be my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/taviSTakahashi, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Trying to set Dropbox as default backup drive

Just got a new laptop and it wants me to use onedrive as the default drive but I have to pay for it. I already pay for Dropbox and want it to be my preferent drive how do I do that?

submitted by /u/taviSTakahashi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/taviSTakahashi, Nov 5, 2020

2. Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Can't change default doc settings from This PC to Dropbox

Yesterday I asked a question like this and got this reply ...

Hi ,

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] has replied to the question Can't change default storage settings in windows 10 that you are following in Microsoft Community.

No problem, you can simply use DropBox the exact same way. For example, if you want to set Windows so that your "Documents" folder is stored inside DropBox:

• Right-click Documents folder
    • On the location tab, click Move and set it to a place inside your DropBox (I suggest inside a folder called "Documents" that is inside the "DropBox" folder)

Now your Documents folder itself will be stored inside dropbox and kept in sync.

Now, I cannot find it on the community to reply to Shawn again !!! Talk about walking a maze !!!

So here is what I'd like to ask Shawn next ...

Not sure I understand the answer, Shawn. What/where is this "documents folder"? I see no such thing on win 10. There is a Dropbox within the This PC folder but it never updates properly and I'd prefer to be rid of it and just work straight with real Dropbox,
    not via Microsoft. Can you tell me precisely what I'm to look for and where it is?

think I may have to bookmark this page in order to find my way back to it Arrrrggghhh !!!

Elen

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings)

ElenSentier, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Trying to set Dropbox as default backup drive

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Trying to set Dropbox as default backup drive

1. Trying to set Dropbox as default backup drive - Similar Threads - Trying set Dropbox

2. How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup: Hi, I'm using the default windows backup. I want to have 1 folder backup to a specific location on my network drive. I was able to set the specific folder to backup, but I'm unable to set a specific location for the backup, for now it only let me backup to the root folder of...
  3. How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup: Hi, I'm using the default windows backup. I want to have 1 folder backup to a specific location on my network drive. I was able to set the specific folder to backup, but I'm unable to set a specific location for the backup, for now it only let me backup to the root folder of...
  4. How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files: I am trying to follow these steps to set up a recovery disc onto a 128-GB flash drive. I am in Administrator mode. If I check the "back up systems files to the recovery drive" option, selecting to proceed, and waiting for a few minutes, the recovery drive creator won't let me...
  6. Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files: I am trying to follow these steps to set up a recovery disc onto a 128-GB flash drive. I am in Administrator mode. If I check the "back up systems files to the recovery drive" option, selecting to proceed, and waiting for a few minutes, the recovery drive creator won't let me...
  7. Setting a default drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting a default drive: I purchased a Crucial P1 1tb nvme m.2 ssd for my Windows 10 /64 system and it seems to work just fine except for one odd situation. The drive is recognized in the BIOS, in Windows Disk Management, and in the File Explorer, and reads and writes ok. However, if I go to Windows...
  8. Disable Dropbox and Google Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Dropbox and Google Drive: I have two users on my laptop, they are both me, one when I'm home, my laptop is connected to a 22" monitor and I use it like a desktop computer. My other user is when I travel, so that has very few apps on the desktop and in the taskbar. When I'm on wifi in a hotel I don't...
  9. Trying to set a backup to my local network drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to set a backup to my local network drive: It won't let me do so as I don't have a password set up on my network? Why is this? My network doesn't insist on a password, I don't want or need to set a password, so why should Windows 10 back up?...
  10. no external hardrive to backup files!!dropbox?one drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    no external hardrive to backup files!!dropbox?one drive?: If I do a fresh install. What are some safe online sites I can back up my files? Drop box or one drive? Suggestions? 37014