Windows 10: Trying to set up a mic with my laptop

Discus and support Trying to set up a mic with my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying to get a pair of earbuds with a built-in microphone to work on my Windows 10 ASUS laptop. I've gone through countless fix-its and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jess02322, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Jess02322 Win User

Trying to set up a mic with my laptop

I've been trying to get a pair of earbuds with a built-in microphone to work on my Windows 10 ASUS laptop. I've gone through countless fix-its and troubleshooting but nothing seems to work.

When I plug my headphones in, the usual audio device pop-up appears but my headphones do not show as an option to click on for an input device. So I went to the Sound manager in settings, where they give you the options between playback and recording to see if I could enable it for recording. The headphones don't even show as an option in playback but they work perfectly fine for me to hear videos and things.

I've gone to the device manager in case it was a driver problem and the driver that most people suggest: The Realtek HD or whatever it's called, and my laptop only has the regular RealtekR and there's no other options.

As far as I'm aware, I've never been able to successfully use a mic with my laptop. It's around a year old. I've never had any need to use a microphone with my laptop before but I now have classes online and would like a reliable microphone so I can be heard in my classes.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I really need to get this sorted out for class. Thanks!

:)

Jess02322, Sep 16, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Aman Win User
    Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

4. Trying to set up a mic with my laptop

Suddenly my system won't use a mic

One important step, try your mic with a different computer.

Papahyooie, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Trying to set up a mic with my laptop

1. Trying to set up a mic with my laptop - Similar Threads - Trying set mic

2. Setting up laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up laptop: In error i used my Microsoft account details when setting up my husband’s new laptop - so it now thinks it’s mine - with my name as the administrator and account holder. How do I change that to his name as administrator - I don’t think he’s got a Microsoft account as his old...
  3. setting up my husbands new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setting up my husbands new laptop: Hello, My husband got a new used Dell inspiron laptop and it was set to factory settings. so while hes trying to set it up the "Sign in with Microsoft , then you get to country and birthdate but it will not take his birthdate... it doesn't propagate the month day or year....
  4. How to Set up Headphone's mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Set up Headphone's mic: Hello I'm trying to set up my headphones microphone but it's not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-headphones-mic/1c8bcda2-5248-45de-86ab-792a30ae15d6
  5. mic set-up

mic set-up: The voice detection step can't hear me. Troubleshooter doesn't detect a problem, but the problem might be that Windows is convinced the jack is on the front of my computer and it isn't....
  6. The Mic migth need to be set up.

The Mic migth need to be set up.: Hello, Anyone can Help me? I appreciate it Looks like The Mic migth need to be set up. But I have been trying all the steps and nothing works. I didn't try to install any driver because I don't know if I need it. Thanks...
  7. Mic/Webcam set up

Mic/Webcam set up: Hi, My wife is working from home, she's using her Win 10 Samsung laptop, but struggling for webcam & mic set up. This is pictures of whats happening. first one is the error, 2nd is the options, then the next 2 are in the security when you click manage, just can't get them to...
  8. Where are the settings for waking up my laptop?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where are the settings for waking up my laptop?: I have Windows 10. When my laptop goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is with the power button. Is there a setting to wake it up with my mouse or hitting keys?...
  9. mic not picking up my voice

mic not picking up my voice: oh boy ok so im on windows 10 and im having issues with my microphone now. so my built-in laptop mic is not working atm. every time i try to record my voice, all i hear is static or light faint taps. it isnt picking up my voice but its picking up output audio. i tried...
  10. My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound

My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound: Laptop: Asus K450JN Windows: 10 Pro My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound, no green bars raising I tried to install the latest driver (6.0.1.8010) and nothing happen, All disconnected and disabled recording devices are checked it is the default mic, and I...