Windows 10: Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...

Discus and support Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up a new Lenovo laptop with Windows. It's asking for a pin but won't accept it and won't etc me confirm it the tells me that provided... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lynne Forsythe, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...

I'm trying to set up a new Lenovo laptop with Windows. It's asking for a pin but won't accept it and won't etc me confirm it the tells me that provided pins don't match

:)

Lynne Forsythe, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Jun 3, 2023
  3. A.B.B.A Win User
    Setting up a pin

Hello, I am trying to set up a pin for my Microsoft laptop but I get this message

"Something went wrong

We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later."

I tried trying again, skipping the step and trying again later nothing worked. can you help me with this?

A.B.B.A, Jun 3, 2023
  4. aReply4u Win User

Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...

PIN not accepting to login in windows...

welcome : What do you mean by Problem is that,.

"Even there is no option to enter the password"

So comfirm after, you try to type the PIN. You don't

see the option "Forgot my PIN" underneath the [Typing field]

but if you see the "I Forgot My PIN" option : Follow steps to reset it

To reset your PIN:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click Accounts.
    3. Click Login Options.
    4. In the PIN section, click I forgot my PIN.
    5. Check your password and click OK.
    6. On the next screen, create a new PIN and follow screen instructions
    7. Restart your PC and verify that you can login with the new PIN

if the above steps fail them : Apply the fix on this video

aReply4u, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...

1. Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let... - Similar Threads - Trying set laptop

2. Setting up PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up PIN: I recently reformatted my laptop and forgot to sign out of windows, now my recent PIN is no longer available due to change in security system, it said. But whenever I try 'set up my PIN' the screen says my user profile cannot be loaded....
  3. Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...: I'm trying to set up a new Lenovo laptop with Windows. It's asking for a pin but won't accept it and won't etc me confirm it the tells me that provided pins don't match...
  4. Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to set up a new laptop. Get to set up pin and it won't accept the pin, doesn't let...: I'm trying to set up a new Lenovo laptop with Windows. It's asking for a pin but won't accept it and won't etc me confirm it the tells me that provided pins don't match...
  5. Set up pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up pin.: Hi so before I can get to homescreen i have to put my pin in.But , it says Something happened and your PIN isint available. Click to set up your PIN again. All fine bit when I press it it throws me back at the sam screen again and i have tried the safe restart thing.Any help...
  6. Setting up a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a pin: Hello, I am trying to set up a pin for my Microsoft laptop but I get this message "Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later." I tried trying again, skipping the step and trying again later nothing...
  7. Setting up a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up a pin: Hello, I am trying to set up a pin for my Microsoft laptop but I get this message "Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later." I tried trying again, skipping the step and trying again later nothing...
  8. Setting up a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up a pin: Im trying to set up a pin but when I do it shows a black tab then it turns white and turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-pin/0eabbb62-0c5c-49a8-95d0-3c23a35d7a0e
  9. Setting up PIN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up PIN?: How do I set up a PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-pin/c8b64ad2-10fa-4ea3-86f4-e1e80433d2a8
  10. set up a PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    set up a PIN: I HAVE BEEN SIGNED IN MICROSOFT WINDOW 10 FOR FEW YEARS BUT TODAY I WAS ASKED TO SET UP A PIN TO USE IN PLACE OF PASSWORD. CAN I CONTINUSE TO USE THE PASSWORD ONLY WITHOUT SETTING UP A PIN? KINDLY ADVISE. THANKS...