Windows 10: Trying to set up Kali Linux on a live Bootable USB using Win 32 Disk Imager.

Discus and support Trying to set up Kali Linux on a live Bootable USB using Win 32 Disk Imager. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I am following the Kali Linux book guide to setting up and formatting a live USB. I download the Win 32 Disk Imager and launched it after I mounted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristopherCherry1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Trying to set up Kali Linux on a live Bootable USB using Win 32 Disk Imager.

So I am following the Kali Linux book guide to setting up and formatting a live USB. I download the Win 32 Disk Imager and launched it after I mounted the USB like it says, but when I go to find the image though Win 32 it doesn't bring up the Kali Linux Iso any where! And I have checked the Iso is not damaged, what should I try to do next? I'm lost and I looked around and it doesn't seem like other people are having this problem.

Thanks,

Chris

:)

ChristopherCherry1, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Dual boot SSD, Windows 10, kali linux 3

Hi Tech Gurus,

I am wanting to dual boot kali linux with windows 10, however, I partition it in windows 10, I allocate 60 GB for kali linux, secure boot is off, boot from usb is on. I created a live kali image on a 64 gb usb c pen drive, I booted that and tried installing
    it in my ssd and kali linux doesn't seem to recognise the partition.

Then I used the same pen drive to install kali in the same live usb. I am missing something or my procedure is wrong, kali linux doesn't seem to install it in the pendrive. It says kernel is unresponsive and ext4 file format creation failed. So basically
    the installation fails.

I need to either dual boot in the ssd with out affecting the UEFI boot firmware or install it in my pendrive, since it is USB C, can accept the performance. Please recommend and advice.

Truly.

kalyana krishnanSomasekar, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Trying to set up Kali Linux on a live Bootable USB using Win 32 Disk Imager.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Trying to set up Kali Linux on a live Bootable USB using Win 32 Disk Imager.

1. Trying to set up Kali Linux on a live Bootable USB using Win 32 Disk Imager. - Similar Threads - Trying set Kali

2. kali linux is not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    kali linux is not installing: This app is not installing please resolve my issue! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kali-linux-is-not-installing/86769eba-3ac0-47f0-9fe9-a70fd8db8345
  3. kali linux is not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kali linux is not installing: This app is not installing please resolve my issue! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kali-linux-is-not-installing/86769eba-3ac0-47f0-9fe9-a70fd8db8345
  4. kali linux is not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to install Kali Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install Kali Linux: I'm in cyber security. I just started. I'm trying to install Kali Linux it seemed like it was working and then it seems as though there was a problem. WHat does this mean? I probably didn't put it in the correct sub-topics I'm not sure which sub-topic it goes....
  6. Trying to install Kali Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to install Kali Linux: I'm in cyber security. I just started. I'm trying to install Kali Linux it seemed like it was working and then it seems as though there was a problem. WHat does this mean? I probably didn't put it in the correct sub-topics I'm not sure which sub-topic it goes....
  7. Kali Linux ISO Exploit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kali Linux ISO Exploit: Help please! Hello, I downloaded the kali linux iso which I only use in my virtual machine, I usually do analysis with windows defender for security and it detects exploits in this ISO, when I tried to take actions to remove it,...
  8. Kali Linux on hard disk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kali Linux on hard disk?: Good morning I have 2 hard disks in my PC both HDD hard disks one is 1TB big and the other one has Windows on it. And the other one is 3TB big and so far only games on it. My question, can I install Kali Linux on my 3TB hard drive? Will all games still remain on the hard...
  9. kali linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    kali linux: i from were i find the kali linux vhdx file please share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kali-linux/db818b95-3664-4798-9471-d52def94159e
  10. Run Kali Linux

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Run Kali Linux: I have total of 4G RAM in TOSHIBA laptop Can I run virsual machine here? 126194

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i make 64 bit boootable kali linux using win 32 disk imager