Windows 10: trying to set up microsoft Mail app with my rediffmail account in windows 10 Pc but its not...

Discus and support trying to set up microsoft Mail app with my rediffmail account in windows 10 Pc but its not... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; im trying to set up microsoft Mail app not "outlook" app, "Mail" is the default windows 10 email app with my rediffmail account in windows 10 Pc but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JAGRATA PARUI, Jul 12, 2020.

1. trying to set up microsoft Mail app with my rediffmail account in windows 10 Pc but its not...

im trying to set up microsoft Mail app not "outlook" app, "Mail" is the default windows 10 email app with my rediffmail account in windows 10 Pc but its not working, i can successfully send email using these settings but Mail app failing to fetch my emails from rediffmail account . i think the issue is with incoming mail server. Mail app showing "your rediffmail account setting is out of date". I'm using following settings in Mail app -
    Incoming Server - pop.rediffmail.com
    Incoming Server - Port - 995
    Outgoing Server - smtp.rediffmail.com
    Outgoing Server - Port - 465
    Account / User Name - Complete email address
    Select SMTP / Outgoing Server requires authentication option.
    Select SSL "ON".

Also my same settings working fine and can fetch my emails from rediffmail with outlook.com and thunderbird app and though in both of them i have enabled "leave a copy of messages on the server" option. my rediffmail support team said to always Select "leave a copy of messages on the server" option but that option is not available in my Mail app. Maybe this causing the issue? cause when i delete a mail in my hotmail account from Mail app the mail also automatically gets deleted in outlook.com. But rediff wants to "leave a copy of messages on the server" this means i think mail should not get deleted in rediffmail server i.e. opening rediffmail using browser even i delete the mail in Mail app.

:)

JAGRATA PARUI, Jul 12, 2020

2. trying to set up microsoft Mail app with my rediffmail account in windows 10 Pc but its not working

im trying to set up microsoft Mail app (not "outlook" app, "Mail" is the default windows 10 email app) with my rediffmail account in windows 10 Pc but its not working, i can successfully send email using these settings
    but Mail app failing to fetch my emails from rediffmail account . i think the issue is with incoming mail server. Mail app showing "your rediffmail account setting is out of date". I'm using following settings in Mail app -

Incoming Server - pop.rediffmail.com

Incoming Server - Port - 995

Outgoing Server - smtp.rediffmail.com

Outgoing Server - Port - 465

Select SSL "ON".

Also my same settings working fine and can fetch my emails from rediffmail with outlook.com and thunderbird app and though in both of them i have enabled "leave a copy of messages on the server" option. my
    rediffmail support team said to always Select "leave a copy of messages on the server" option but that option is not available in my Mail app. Maybe this causing the issue? cause when i delete a mail in my hotmail account from Mail app the mail
    also automatically gets deleted in outlook.com. But rediff wants to "leave a copy of messages on the server" this means i think mail should not get deleted in rediffmail server (i.e. opening rediffmail using browser) even i delete
    the mail in Mail app.

JAGRATA PARUI, Aug 4, 2020
  3. how to set up incoming and outgoing mail server port in windows 10 mail app

My windows 10 is up to date and version 2004. i'm trying to set up microsoft Mail app (not "outlook" app, "Mail" is the default windows 10 email app) with my rediffmail account in windows 10 Pc but
    its not working, i can successfully send email using these settings but Mail app failing to fetch my emails from rediffmail account . i think the issue is with incoming mail server. Mail app showing "your rediffmail account setting is out of date". I'm using
    following settings(provided by my email provider rediffmail support) in Mail app -

Incoming Server - pop.rediffmail.com:995:1

Outgoing Server - smtp.rediffmail.com:465:1

Select SSL "ON".

Also my same settings working fine and can fetch my emails from rediffmail with outlook.com and thunderbird app and though in both of them i have enabled "leave a copy of messages on the server" option. my rediffmail support team said to always
    Select "leave a copy of messages on the server" option but that option is not available in my Mail app. Maybe this causing the issue? cause when i delete a mail in my hotmail account from Mail app the mail also automatically gets deleted in outlook.com. But
    rediff wants to "leave a copy of messages on the server" this means i think mail should not get deleted in rediffmail server (i.e. opening rediffmail using browser) even i delete the mail in Mail app.

my email service provider rediffmail has option for 2 factor authentication but i did not enable it ever.

JAGRATA PARUI, Aug 4, 2020
  4. CeeBee Win User

trying to set up microsoft Mail app with my rediffmail account in windows 10 Pc but its not...

Mail App - Cannot set up 'Other account POP, IMAP'

Hi, my first post on the forum - can someone help?

I can't see how to set up 'Other account POP, IMAP' in the Win 10 mail app - or rather I can see how to set up accounts and either the app is faulty or I must be missing something, because I've tried using the advanced settings as recommended in the Ten Forums tutorial on the mail app (Mail app - Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums) but I don't see anywhere to put the actual email address for the account I'm trying to set up.

Likewise if I do it step by step setup from the 'Other account POP, IMAP' link in setup although I can put the email address in this eventually gets overwritten by my username when setup is finished - I have my own domain and my hosts username format is totally different to my email address - e.g. the mail format would be 'someone@mydomain.com' whilst the username would be in the format 'mydomain.com_someone' - the app appears to assume that mail address and username are going to be the same as when setup is completed the app shows my username as my email address. I've set up an ActiveSync account fine but I'm stumped on setting my personal mailbox up.

I'm probably being stupid, but any help/advice please? Thanks.

CeeBee, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

trying to set up microsoft Mail app with my rediffmail account in windows 10 Pc but its not...

1. trying to set up microsoft Mail app with my rediffmail account in windows 10 Pc but its not... - Similar Threads - trying set microsoft

2. Microsoft account and pc set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account and pc set up: I have a desktop pc with my microsoft account but it is essentially used as my childs gaming pc.I just bought a new laptop and when setting up I thought I selected the option to not link/mirror the two pc's files.After set up I now have all of the gaming files on the new pc...
  3. Microsoft account and pc set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account and pc set up: I have a desktop pc with my microsoft account but it is essentially used as my childs gaming pc.I just bought a new laptop and when setting up I thought I selected the option to not link/mirror the two pc's files.After set up I now have all of the gaming files on the new pc...
  4. Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app

Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app: New HP laptop, first use. But long time Windows user. Hotmail email account set up no problem. Unable to add gmail account without getting an error code 0x80070490. Have tried to restart the app and reinstall. Have also tried all the suggestions on this question...
  5. Windows 10 Mail - error 0x80004005 for rediffmail account

Windows 10 Mail - error 0x80004005 for rediffmail account: [ATTACH] i have configured Gmail and Outlook account with these account i dont have any issue. when i configured my Rediffmail account it is not getting synch and giving me an error. i tried many things from forum but not worked anything. can you please help me to fix...
  6. setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app

setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app: I just upgraded my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10, and I'm trying to set up the mail app to access other email accounts. One of them is Verizon.net email, which is supplied through AOL. When I try to add the account, I'm presented with a list of account types, none of which...
  7. Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts

Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts: So I bought a new laptop and thought I'd set up Windows Mail. I went to mail, clicked add account and added a couple accounts successfully. Problem is it just keeps taking me back to the "Add account" screen and the "go to inbox" is greyed out. I uninstalled Mail the...
  8. trying to set up email account with Windows 10 mail

trying to set up email account with Windows 10 mail: I cannot get windows mail to retrieve email using incoming server titanium.cloudhosting.co.uk. It keeps asking for my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-set-up-email-account-with-windows-10/37fad7eb-82c0-4b47-b8da-6f1bf8d139e7
  9. Canot set up BT mail accounts on Windows 10 Mail app

Canot set up BT mail accounts on Windows 10 Mail app: Trying to set up my BT e mail accounts in Windows 10 mail. They seem to set up OK but then I keep getting a message that settings are out of date and asked to reinput password. The passwords are fine as I can access the accounts on ipad or on the webserver. How do I get them...
  10. unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app

unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app: Hi, Unable to set up my gmail account within Mail app, keep getting error code 0x8000000b , I am clueless as to what might be the reason for this, Ideas anyone? [ATTACH]...