Windows 10: Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530.

Discus and support Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all, I have setup and used the fingerprint scanner on this machine while it was running Win 7 Pro. Everything worked well. I have now installed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RobertHelm1, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530.

Hi all,

I have setup and used the fingerprint scanner on this machine while it was running Win 7 Pro. Everything worked well. I have now installed the hard drive from another E6530 which was having hardware problems and can not get the scanner to work. The machine with hardware problems was running Win 10 1809. I installed Win 10 1809 on the machine where fingerprint worked to make sure it would activate properly and the scanner worked. Settings on the machine with the scanner now running the Win 10 from the broken machine gives me the message, "Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device." This is in sign-in options. The laptop does not have a camera but that did not stop it from working before.

Does this make sense? Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

:)

RobertHelm1, Apr 1, 2019
  2. kb3wmh Win User

Cannot Setup Windows Hello on Dell Latitude E6430

I am trying to setup the fingerprint scanner for Windows Hello on my Dell Latitude E6430. However, when I run through the setup process, the progress bar runs to about 40% then a window pops up saying, "Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and
    try going through the setup again."

I have the correct drivers installed, and I updated the reader's firmware.

Thanks.

kb3wmh, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Joker29 Win User
    Hello fingerprint scanner

Hardware is Dell Latitude E653 with the built-in Broadcom fingerprint scanner. Windows 10 just upgraded put in the current Dell drivers, nothing in Device Manager showing an issue. Went to put in a fingerprint so login would be by fingerprint instead of
    typing password. Hello never seems to register my fingerprint. I have sat there swiping for up to 5 minutes and it just keeps saying to keep swiping. Are there any trouble shooting steps I can try? I have run the hardware trouble shooter. It claimed to have
    fixed something but it never said what.

Joker29, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Galane Win User

Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530.

Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530?

Has anyone found a *working* SD card reader driver for Windows 10 x64 for a Dell Latitude E6530? Whatever windows installs by default seems to be a dummy or stub driver. It shows no problems but doesn't actually work. Plug a card in and it makes the sound but doesn't appear in Explorer or anywhere else.

I tried Dell's driver for an O2Micro card reader for the Latitude E6520 (and others) but that one says EVERY card has to be formatted, or says a card needs to be inserted when attempting to open the drive with a card plugged in that shows up perfectly fine on any other computer. O2 Micro OZ600xxx Memory Card Reader Driver Driver Details | Dell US <-installs without complaint but doesn't function correctly on the E6530

Galane, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530.

1. Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530. - Similar Threads - Trying setup fingerprint

2. Why isn't a Dell Latitude E6530 with an Intel Core i7 3740QM CPU allowed to be upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't a Dell Latitude E6530 with an Intel Core i7 3740QM CPU allowed to be upgraded to...: Why isn't a Dell Latitude E6530 with an Intel Core i7 3740QM CPU allowed to be upgraded to WIN 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-a-dell-latitude-e6530-with-an-intel-core/cddd84c0-e404-4316-a4a4-62cc3c211770
  3. Dell fingerprint scanner not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dell fingerprint scanner not working: Hello, I've only had my dell laptop for 4 months and my fingerprint scanner doesn't work anymore. It's a dell latitude 7310 which uses the control vault fingerprint scanner. When I go to settings, it says "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello...
  4. My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working: I can't use my mircophone on my Dell Latitude E6530. I can't use it for Zoom calls and it just seem as if the laptop does not have a microphone. I need to be sure....
  5. Dell Latitude E6530: White numbers/letters on black background?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Latitude E6530: White numbers/letters on black background?: Learning about the change from Windows 7 to Windows 10. How to I get back to black on white? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-latitude-e6530-white-numbersletters-on-black/2bb1758f-b014-4e66-a6c4-898a2632d586
  6. My fingerprint scanner doesn't work to setup.

My fingerprint scanner doesn't work to setup.: My fingerprint sensor is on synaptics 6.0.22.1111 and does not work, when I go to set it up in setting I put my finger on the scanner and right away it says "Sorry something went wrong try closing windows hello and going through the setup process again." Here's what I've...
  7. FINGERPRINT SENSOR PROBLEM ON DELL LATITUDE E5430

FINGERPRINT SENSOR PROBLEM ON DELL LATITUDE E5430: Good day, When I set up my fingerprint in my windows hello it always says that "that fingerprint has already been set up on another account. Try a different finger." In the past, I was able to set it up without problems. However, when I performed a clean install of Windows...
  8. Nvidia Driver in Dell Latitude e6530 tidak dapat terinstall dengan baik ,bluscreen...

Nvidia Driver in Dell Latitude e6530 tidak dapat terinstall dengan baik ,bluscreen...: telah beberapa cara saya lakukan namun tetap semua driver telah saya coba , semua tak ada yang berhasil.. saya telah berusaha memecahkan masalah ini ,dan saya telah lebih dari 1 tahun mengalami masalah ini teruatam pada Windows 10 .. kenapa masalah ini tidak kunjung di...
  9. i am trying to find fingerprint software for my DELL latitude e6430

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am trying to find fingerprint software for my DELL latitude e6430: Yes hello. I just bought this new Dell Latitude E 6430 with Windows 10 64 Bit Enterprise Edition installed on it. But can't find a compatible fingerprint reader software. . And the option to enroll my fingerprints in the windows user account page is not there. Any...
  10. Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530?

Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530?: Has anyone found a *working* SD card reader driver for Windows 10 x64 for a Dell Latitude E6530? Whatever windows installs by default seems to be a dummy or stub driver. It shows no problems but doesn't actually work. Plug a card in and it makes the sound but doesn't appear...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell windows hello fingerprint

2. fingerprint scan driver dell latitude e6330

3. dell latitude e6530 fingerprint reader setup

4. how to set dell latitude fingerprint e6420,
  5. Windows Hello Latitude E6530,
  6. fingerprint sign in windows 10 dell latitude E6530,
  7. dell latitude e6530 biometrics,
  8. Dell e6530 fingerprint,
  9. fingerprint sensor dell e6430,
  10. finger scaner driver dell latitude e6530,
  11. dell e6530 fingerprint windows 10,