Windows 10: Trying to share printer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

Discus and support Trying to share printer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello - I've got a printer connected via a USB cable to a desktop running Windows 10 Home. I'm trying to share that printer with another computer which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StoneRose_041, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Trying to share printer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

Hello - I've got a printer connected via a USB cable to a desktop running Windows 10 Home. I'm trying to share that printer with another computer which is running Windows 10 Education. I can't get the Education computer to connect to the printer. I've got both computer's network profile set to private and network discovery and file and printer sharing turned on for both as well. I can see each computer in the network section in Explorer. I've also shared the printer.When I try and add the printer via "select a shared printer by name", when I browse to the location of the sharing computer it wo

:)

StoneRose_041, Dec 8, 2021

2. windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Although I appreciate your offer for suggestions as you can see by the post dates, this thread is a bit long in the tooth. The issue was resolved with one of the updated builds of windows 10. Although in my opinion it's still not as fast as Windows 7, it's nowhere near as slow as it was in summer 2016 when I posted this issue.

Thread issue resolved

jboydgolfer, Dec 8, 2021
  3. BrewIT Win User
    windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Hello All
    I work in IT and have been trying to figure this slow devices and printers problem for a while now. Being in the enterprise version might be slightly different but I decided to try a few things today.
    The new Devices\Printers and Scanners interface introduced in Windows 10 goes and tries to discover everything on the network before letting you take control. For our network that includes hundreds of printers etc. Going to Devices and printers poses the same sort of delay while windows hunts for every device on the machine and network.
    I decided to turn on Network discovery from Network and Sharing Center\Advanced Sharing Settings. Once I enabled Network Discovery the Devices and Printers loaded much faster - more like Windows 7 used to. I suspect the initial discovery might somehow be remember in the registry since I disabled Network discovery after opening Devices and printers the first time and even after rebooting the control panel\Devices and printers was quick to load. Turning on File and printer sharing also under Sharing Options also speeds up loading even after you turn it back off again.
    I tend to think the newer devices interface caused the problem by using auto discovery for network devices even though it wasn't turned off under sharing options. Likely a bug somewhere that's fixed once it's turned on one time.

Try it and see if it helps in other versions of Win 10

BrewIT, Dec 8, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Trying to share printer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

Trying to share printer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

1. Trying to share printer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education - Similar Threads - Trying share printer

2. Trying to share printer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to share printer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education: Hello - I've got a printer connected via a USB cable to a desktop running Windows 10 Home. I'm trying to share that printer with another computer which is running Windows 10 Education. I can't get the Education computer to connect to the printer. I've got both computer's...
  3. Trying to share printer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to share printer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education: Hello - I've got a printer connected via a USB cable to a desktop running Windows 10 Home. I'm trying to share that printer with another computer which is running Windows 10 Education. I can't get the Education computer to connect to the printer. I've got both computer's...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??: I installed Windows 10 Education on my new system as I comply with the requirements. When I sign in, I am limited by the number of modifications I can make because of the limitations put in place by my college IT dept. I want to 'upgrade' to Windows 10 Home so I can actually...
  5. Windows 10 Education or Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Education or Home: So my college offers free windows 10 education key and I'm going to be building a new pc soon that's for school work and just normal day use. After I install windows OS via usb drive should I pick windows 10 home or windows 10 education. Also will it matter if I pick home,...
  6. Windows 10 Home to Education

Windows 10 Home to Education: Hello, currently I have Windows 10 Home installed, I was wondering if I were to insert a Windows 10 Education key, would it automatically upgrade, also would it keep my data and apps that were installed?...
  7. Windows 10 Education/ Home

Windows 10 Education/ Home: I am a student of st.mary schools, when I attempted to sign in with my school account on my personal laptop it automatically upgraded itself to windows 10 education from my windows 10 home. I want home back how do I do it? I've tried to input the OEM licence and it said it...
  8. Downgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Education

Downgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Education: I just bought a used laptop via eBay. It came with Windows 10 Education. I want to do a clean install but I can't activate without a "education" email. Can I install Windows 10 Home without purchasing a new Windows key? I hope so or I'll have to install Linux. It's not...
  9. Windows 10 Education to Home

Windows 10 Education to Home: I have 2 laptops, which both of them came with windows 10 home edition already installed. I tried using education version of windows 10 (it is free for college students) for both of the laptops. I registered the education version product key on my first laptop, and then...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`: I keep getting the error message: Couldn't upgrade your edition, undoing updates. Every time it applies additional features...it stops at 98% and then undoes the changes. Please help. I don't want to reinstall windows just so I could upgrade to Education. Thanks. 30559