Windows 10: Trying to sign in to Microsoft account but asking for phone details which I do not want

Discus and support Trying to sign in to Microsoft account but asking for phone details which I do not want in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My account got locked because apparently my account got hacked and it was sending out spam. https://imgoat.com/uploads/7e6c85504c/172966.png I DO... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PabloMove, Dec 10, 2018.

1. PabloMove Win User

Trying to sign in to Microsoft account but asking for phone details which I do not want

My account got locked because apparently my account got hacked and it was sending out spam.

https://imgoat.com/uploads/7e6c85504c/172966.png

I DO NOT want to link my Microsoft account to my PERSONAL phone number. This is my privacy.

What can be done to activate my account without my phone number? In previous builds I was able to use a separate email account to restore. Now there is no option.

And I was trying to access my onedrive account which has lots of information I saved, now locked out of that information.

:)

PabloMove, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Trying to sign in to Microsoft account but asking for phone details which I do not want :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Dec 10, 2018
  3. cw84 Win User
    Cannot sign in to Microsoft Account (Cortana) using Win10

I've just upgraded to Win10, and I am trying to sign into my Microsoft Account in order to use Cortana, however I am caught in a loop and it won't accept my credentials.

The credentials are definitely right, verified by accessing the Microsoft account via https://account.microsoft.com. Also, if I type my credentials incorrectly when trying to sign in on my PC I am told the credentials are wrong - therefore I can be certain that the authentication process is taking place.

Steps are as follows:

• Start
    • Type "Your Account"
    • Enter
    • Scroll down on the Setting window
    • "Add a Microsoft account"
    • Enter email and password (for Microsoft account)
    • Sign in

Nothing happens. I am returned to the previous screen and not logged in.

The same is true when I place my cursor in the bottom left hand corner search bar. I am asked to sign in to be able to use Cortana, the dialogues about getting you to sign in just go round in a loop after I've entered my credentials.

4. Trying to sign in to Microsoft account but asking for phone details which I do not want

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Trying to sign in to Microsoft account but asking for phone details which I do not want

1. Trying to sign in to Microsoft account but asking for phone details which I do not want - Similar Threads - Trying sign Microsoft

2. signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?: Hi, I bought a new laptop. When I want to turn it on, it always ask me to enter my Microsoft account number and I have to connect to a WIFI and enter my account detail. I don't want it every time and also I do not want to connect to the internet every time. How can I solve...
  3. signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?: Hi, I bought a new laptop. When I want to turn it on, it always ask me to enter my Microsoft account number and I have to connect to a WIFI and enter my account detail. I don't want it every time and also I do not want to connect to the internet every time. How can I solve...
  4. how to get the microsoft account details in which windows 10 pro was activated - details below

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get the microsoft account details in which windows 10 pro was activated - details below: I got one desktop PC assembled from local vendor. the desktop is windows 10 pro and in activation page it shows "activated with digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and in my microsoft account logged in that pc, in devices page the computer name is listed but...
  5. how to get the microsoft account details in which windows 10 pro was activated - details below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get the microsoft account details in which windows 10 pro was activated - details below: I got one desktop PC assembled from local vendor. the desktop is windows 10 pro and in activation page it shows "activated with digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and in my microsoft account logged in that pc, in devices page the computer name is listed but...
  6. how to get the microsoft account details in which windows 10 pro was activated - details below

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I want to replace my phone in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to replace my phone in Microsoft account: My old number will close soon because I have buy new one so I want to replace my phone number in microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-replace-my-phone-in-microsoft-account/22f5720e-142a-4a08-abbc-10c2e638151f
  8. Want to change phone number in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want to change phone number in Microsoft account: I want to replace my phone number in Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-phone-number-in-microsoft-account/1b9c7baf-ade0-4104-a0ab-e7290d9a94cd
  9. Microsoft account details

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account details: Hello. recently I had some problems with viruses on my computer so I decided to have it cleaned. I had also asked them to put another separate profile on the desktop to manage the re occurrence of anything dodgy. unfortunately I signed into this other account with my...
  10. Windows 10 update asking for an account which I do not have

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update asking for an account which I do not have: hello, last night I installed an update after previously purring off on windoes updates fir a few months. Howver after the reser this morning i was met with a screen in which it asks for a username and password. Prior to installing this update login would only require my...