Windows 10: Trying to sign in under a different Microsoft account on the administrative account

Discus and support Trying to sign in under a different Microsoft account on the administrative account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been trying to sign in under my personal Microsoft account, bit of an update to my information on my laptop. I've added my Microsoft account and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tiffany Jayne, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Trying to sign in under a different Microsoft account on the administrative account

I've been trying to sign in under my personal Microsoft account, bit of an update to my information on my laptop. I've added my Microsoft account and tried to manage and remove the other one with no success. The help page says to add an alias that I have tried to do but it won't allow my account saying its already taken. Which is true but I'm putting it under the already have part and it still won't let me add it. I'd hate to have to completely wipe and restore to change it, so I'd like to try every option first. Please help or at least tell me if this is possible!

Thanks so much

:)

Tiffany Jayne, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Tariqfoa Win User

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account

I have Windows 10 Pro since its release. Today, I decided to switch the email account for the computer administrator account. The following steps outline the sequence of events;

1. I logged in as a local account.
    2. Clicked on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    3. Followed the steps prompted. I entered my email of choice and the corrected password, then verified through the authenticator app.
    4. I was asked to enter the password again, and now I am getting an error message that the password is incorrect
      but the password is correct 100%
    5. Researched possible solutions
      • Used the English (United States) keyboard
      • Used on-screen keyboard
      • Reverting to Windows 7 is not possible as I never had it on my laptop
      • Reset my password
        • Nth worked
    Please help me sign to my email account on this computer as an administrator

Tariqfoa, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Floki Win User

Trying to sign in under a different Microsoft account on the administrative account

Administrator Account

One of our user changed their administrator account to a local account. I'm trying to change it back to an administrator account, but you are always asked to sign in as the administrator. Kind of like a catch 22 situations -- does any one have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Floki, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Trying to sign in under a different Microsoft account on the administrative account

1. Trying to sign in under a different Microsoft account on the administrative account - Similar Threads - Trying sign under

2. You Can't sign in with this account. Try a different account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You Can't sign in with this account. Try a different account: So I haven't had a problem singing into my PC at all. It's been working great for the last few years. Open it up today and it tells me "You can't sign in with this account. try a different account"I haven't made any changes to my account. It's a past work email account as the...
  3. You Can't sign in with this account. Try a different account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You Can't sign in with this account. Try a different account: So I haven't had a problem singing into my PC at all. It's been working great for the last few years. Open it up today and it tells me "You can't sign in with this account. try a different account"I haven't made any changes to my account. It's a past work email account as the...
  4. You Can't sign in with this account. Try a different account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account: I have Windows 10 Pro since its release. Today, I decided to switch the email account for the computer administrator account. The following steps outline the sequence of events; I logged in as a local account. Clicked on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead Followed the...
  6. "You can't sign in with this account. Try a difference account."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "You can't sign in with this account. Try a difference account.": typo in title, it says "You can't sign in with this account. Try a different account." My computer was unplugged for a month or so, and now when I try to sign in with my pin, this is the error I get. I don't have another account. This is the only account on the computer....
  7. Cannot Sign In With A Different Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Sign In With A Different Account: I have two Microsoft accounts. I switched Windows over to my new account. But the Xbox App is still on the old account. I cannot change accounts on the Xbox app. I press sign out, then I click sign in but it immediately logs me back into the old account. My store account is...
  8. error: "microsoft account doesn't exist, enter a different account" When trying to sign in...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    error: "microsoft account doesn't exist, enter a different account" When trying to sign in...: Surface Book purchased and Gmail account used for set-up (local account & admin) and also for Office 365 Home. Now have a domain and Microsoft Business plan. To avoid switching between users, would prefer to have business email instead of gmail. After click on "sign in...
  9. Unable to sign in to administrators account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to sign in to administrators account: i cant sign into administrators account, the administrators promt is hidden and also i cant make changes to my system and also cant access files on the administrators account [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Cannot sign into Microsoft Store under Child Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign into Microsoft Store under Child Account: I wanted to put Minecraft on my son's computer. Right now, he uses the computer as his own account, as a Child under my account as Family. I have a key for the software, so I opened the store to redeem the code. I don't get that option at all when I'm signed in as him....