Windows 10: trying to sign to Microsoft account Something went wrong

Discus and support trying to sign to Microsoft account Something went wrong in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Can not do any thing with my computer. Every thing requires password which also say not available... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Paul # Harrison, Oct 5, 2020.

1. trying to sign to Microsoft account Something went wrong

Can not do any thing with my computer. Every thing requires password which also say not available

:)

Paul # Harrison, Oct 5, 2020
  2. cw84 Win User

Cannot sign in to Microsoft Account (Cortana) using Win10

I've just upgraded to Win10, and I am trying to sign into my Microsoft Account in order to use Cortana, however I am caught in a loop and it won't accept my credentials.

The credentials are definitely right, verified by accessing the Microsoft account via https://account.microsoft.com. Also, if I type my credentials incorrectly when trying to sign in on my PC I am told the credentials are wrong - therefore I can be certain that the authentication process is taking place.

Steps are as follows:

• Start
    • Type "Your Account"
    • Enter
    • Scroll down on the Setting window
    • "Add a Microsoft account"
    • Enter email and password (for Microsoft account)
    • Sign in

Nothing happens. I am returned to the previous screen and not logged in.

The same is true when I place my cursor in the bottom left hand corner search bar. I am asked to sign in to be able to use Cortana, the dialogues about getting you to sign in just go round in a loop after I've entered my credentials.

cw84, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. trying to sign to Microsoft account Something went wrong :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Oct 5, 2020
  4. trying to sign to Microsoft account Something went wrong

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

trying to sign to Microsoft account Something went wrong

1. trying to sign to Microsoft account Something went wrong - Similar Threads - trying sign Microsoft

2. Oops, something went wrong with MS account signing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oops, something went wrong with MS account signing: Hello,One day my PC signed me out from all the MS services including my PC account. When I click sign in I only get something went wrong error. On the browser, on pc, Xbox app, store. I don’t have this issue on my phone but the PC.This person also had the issue and nobody...
  3. Oops, something went wrong with MS account signing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oops, something went wrong with MS account signing: Hello,One day my PC signed me out from all the MS services including my PC account. When I click sign in I only get something went wrong error. On the browser, on pc, Xbox app, store. I don’t have this issue on my phone but the PC.This person also had the issue and nobody...
  4. "Oops, something went wrong" message when signing into Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Oops, something went wrong" message when signing into Microsoft account.: I just got a new laptop ASUS TUF A15 and almost everything works great. Almost, as it will not let me sign in to my Microsoft account. I have not seen this message before, and therefore do not know what it means. However, after lots of restarts, that one particular feature...
  5. we tried to sign in to your microsoft account, but something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we tried to sign in to your microsoft account, but something went wrong.: I recently purchased minecraft for windows ten and whenever i try to sign into my account in order to play minecraft realms with my friends all I receive is an error message stating "we tried to sign in to your microsoft account, but something went wrong."...
  6. Something went wrong while sign in with a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something went wrong while sign in with a Microsoft account.: At first, I was using Windows 10 pro with version 2004. Then I joined Windows Insider Program in Settings to preview the latest version. After the required reboot, I didn't upgrade my windows rather than reset my computer to fix some small problems. The reset finished in...
  7. Microsoft account says something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account says something went wrong: I just updated my laptop to windows 10, 1909 and when I try to sign in using my Microsoft account it says something went wrong and I can't even access Microsoft store...
  8. " We tried to sign you in to your Microsoft Account, but something went wrong. " HELPPPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " We tried to sign you in to your Microsoft Account, but something went wrong. " HELPPPP: help i just buy minecraft windows 10 edition and it wont let me sign in to my microsoft accountttttttttttttttttttttt are you going to just eat my money omgg help me...
  9. Oops Something went wrong. Cannot sign in to Microsoft account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Oops Something went wrong. Cannot sign in to Microsoft account.: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 Pro version 64 bit and recently I'm aware that my taskbar and start menu doesn't work and I tired creating a new local account and it solve my problems. But now I have another question to ask about this, first I cannot sign into my Microsoft...
  10. Cannot Sign in with Microsoft Account - "Oops Something went wrong"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Sign in with Microsoft Account - "Oops Something went wrong": Hey there! So I've seen many posts on this kind of topic but none that have had the exact same issue that I'm having or none with solutions that seem to work for me so I'm deciding to post it here. I recently was forced to create a new user account on my Windows 10 PC...