Windows 10: Trying to switch a laptop out of S-Mode. Windows Store Error code 0x80131500

Discus and support Trying to switch a laptop out of S-Mode. Windows Store Error code 0x80131500 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've been trying to help a student of mine switch her laptop out of S-Mode. I have tried multiple steps provided in other discussion posts, including... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Lucas McCarty, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Trying to switch a laptop out of S-Mode. Windows Store Error code 0x80131500

I've been trying to help a student of mine switch her laptop out of S-Mode. I have tried multiple steps provided in other discussion posts, including resetting the Windows Store, making sure all Windows apps and the OS is Updated. I see a lot of posts where it will say to use some command line prompts in order to fix it, or administration mode, but those are not available while the OS is in S-Mode. I know a clean-install would fix the problem, but that is the last thing I would really want to do with this laptop. Every time I try to go to the store for the "switch out of S-Mode" I get the error code 0x80131500 , I'm not sure if it's a network connection error on Microsoft's server side or not. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Lucas McCarty, Apr 21, 2021

2. Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

Hi
    Thanks for suggestions
    I had tried all except re registering MSoft Store , but that unfortunately did not work .

Very intermittently use SurfEasy VPN, but last time used pre dated this build & problem by some time.

Have built pc systems /rebuilt windows op system literally100's times over 25 years for myself and others, and troubleshooted most known problems but this looks like a reinstall.
    Not listed in Microsoft web notice as ongoing issue involving current build.

Only had Store problem once before since it was introduced years ago, and that was easily resolved !

Tweakfiend, Apr 21, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

Hi, you could of course try
    Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter in Windows 10
    and then
    Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10

You say you've tried this:
    Fix: Windows Store Error Code 0x80131500 - Appuals.com

Are you using a VPN?

You could try
    Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10

This suggests the problem (amongst other things) could be related to services. Have you modified or disabled any? Worth checking.
    Fix: Windows Store Error Code 0x80131500 - Appuals.com

(Tweaking.com's free repair tool has a useful option to reset services to default).

dalchina, Apr 21, 2021
  4. jedi23 Win User

Trying to switch a laptop out of S-Mode. Windows Store Error code 0x80131500

Windows 10 Store Error Code 0x80131500

I still appreciate any suggestions. *Smile

Okay, let me summarize the current situation:
    Originally, as the topic name says, I tried many things to fix the Windows 10 Store Error Code 0x80131500. Among these, a first attempt of a repair upgrade didn't helped but a later try with an upgrade to Windows 10 2004 solved the problems!
    However, since I tried so many things in the first place, something seems to be happened with my Windows-account. Though, all problems from my first post in this thread are solved and I can enter the Microsoft Store now, I can't download anything from it!!! (Error Code: 0x80072F8F)
    My only clue is that the Windows Store-Apps Troubleshooter strangley suggests to login to a Microsoft Account (I am logged in properly).
    As I wrote in post #19, I spotted something different with my account compared to my Notebook or other PCs using this account. My attemps to fix this work only temporary, as explained in the same post #19.

Any further ideas?

jedi23, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Trying to switch a laptop out of S-Mode. Windows Store Error code 0x80131500

1. Trying to switch a laptop out of S-Mode. Windows Store Error code 0x80131500 - Similar Threads - Trying switch laptop

2. Trying to switch Windows 11 out of S mode... got code 0x80131500 on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to switch Windows 11 out of S mode... got code 0x80131500 on Microsoft Store: I just bought this laptop, coming with windows 11 on S mode, but need to get out of it... I cannot get out of it, I got this error on the Microsoft Store screen code 0x80131500 and the message "Try that again. something happened on our end. Waiting a bit may help."I have...
  3. Trying to switch Windows 11 out of S mode... got code 0x80131500 on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to switch Windows 11 out of S mode... got code 0x80131500 on Microsoft Store: I just bought this laptop, coming with windows 11 on S mode, but need to get out of it... I cannot get out of it, I got this error on the Microsoft Store screen code 0x80131500 and the message "Try that again. something happened on our end. Waiting a bit may help."I have...
  4. Switching out of S-Mode but store is "working on it"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching out of S-Mode but store is "working on it": I have a week old computer -- everything is updated -- it WAS switched out of S Mode the day I got it, but this morning it has reverted to S Mode and now the store won't move past "working on it" when I press the "get" button. I've tried searching for solutions and see none -...
  5. Switching Out of Windows S Mode Error

Switching Out of Windows S Mode Error: Upon trying to switch out of Windows10 S mode, my switch was declined with an error stating, "Try again later, something happened on our end." I have just gotten my brand new computer yesterday evening, and was able to switch out then. However, when logging back on, I was...
  6. Store error when trying to switch out of S mode

Store error when trying to switch out of S mode: I keep getting an error when getting to the Microsoft Store to switch out of S mode. I've done all the updates but still no luck... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-error-when-trying-to-switch-out-of-s-mode/bc31668c-03fb-470b-9834-4a10bc1d6a05
  7. trying to switch out of S mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    trying to switch out of S mode.: Running windows 10 pro. get check with your IT or system administrator. ??? I'm listed as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-switch-out-of-s-mode/9e70363c-5658-45d6-9440-772b3d53aeb1
  8. Switching out of S mode in the Store

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching out of S mode in the Store: I bought a new HP laptop and it's currently stuck in S Mode. When I go to the Microsoft Store and click on Get to switch out of S Mode I keep getting an error saying to "Try again later" and "Something happened on our end." I've made sure to have to most recent update of the...
  9. Error trying to switch out of Windows 10 in S mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error trying to switch out of Windows 10 in S mode: Hello, Yesterday I bought a Lenovo IdeaPad S130 with Windows 10 in S mode. Im trying to switch out of it but whenever I click to "Go to store" It keeps saying "Try that again, something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." but no success. Thanks....
  10. Windows Store Error Code Code: 0x80131500

Windows Store Error Code Code: 0x80131500: I've recently installed windows on my laptop and this error has been popping up whenever i try opening the store, i've done the following things to no avail - reset the store cache, windows store apps troubleshooter, making a new user account. Any help would be appreciated...