Windows 10: Trying to track down cause of seemingly random reboots Event ID 6008

Discus and support Trying to track down cause of seemingly random reboots Event ID 6008 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi im trying to determine the cause of these reboots and bsods one of my users is having. I know their was one BSOD yesterday caused by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sirota554, Feb 14, 2017.

1. sirota554 Win User

Trying to track down cause of seemingly random reboots Event ID 6008

Hi im trying to determine the cause of these reboots and bsods one of my users is having. I know their was one BSOD yesterday caused by "ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0" which i thought would be a driver issue.

His computer is an ASUS M51AC which appears to not have had any driver updates released by manufacturer since Windows 8.1 and is running Windows 10.

Let me know if you see anything glaring that i could look into.

Attachment 121266

:)

sirota554, Feb 14, 2017

2. Event ID 6008

Hello

I have been having this problem with my computer. The screen will randomly go black, and the sound will loop right before it shuts off and restarts. Event viewer tells me that its "event 6008: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.
    This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly" that is causing this. I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 960, an i5 4690k 3.50 GHz CPU, Z97x-SLI motherboard, and 8 Gigs of ram.

Anyone know whats going on here? Id appreciate some help.

Thanks!

ClaytonBryan, Feb 14, 2017
  3. Seemingly Random Reboots

My computer keeps rebooting and i cant figure out the cause.

Event viewer shows these events going backwards from the last reboot

MatthewRupert, Feb 14, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

It would be worth running a memory check which would need to be run overnight or longer to complete 8 passes:

Trying to track down cause of seemingly random reboots Event ID 6008 [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Next you should get the user to update the BIOS there is one slightly newer version (1002) released for the M51AC.

Most of the drivers have been updated by W10 but there are still a few older ones - try to see of the Cisco VPN adapter driver can be updated - it is a particularly old one.

philc43, Feb 14, 2017
  5. sirota554 Win User
    thanks i'll check those

sirota554, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to track down cause of seemingly random reboots Event ID 6008 - Similar Threads - Trying track down

2. Trying to Track down the cause of crashes ands errors. Event ID 41 and Event ID 10010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Track down the cause of crashes ands errors. Event ID 41 and Event ID 10010: Issue:I am seeing somewhat frequent crashes and errors. Happens mostly while playing video games, but has also happened while playing Videos on Youtube.I'm not really sure where to start to being to figure out the source of the issue, or what tools to use to...
  3. Trying to Track down the cause of crashes ands errors. Event ID 41 and Event ID 10010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to Track down the cause of crashes ands errors. Event ID 41 and Event ID 10010: Issue:I am seeing somewhat frequent crashes and errors. Happens mostly while playing video games, but has also happened while playing Videos on Youtube.I'm not really sure where to start to being to figure out the source of the issue, or what tools to use to...
  4. Event Viewer ID 6008 Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer ID 6008 Error: The previous system shutdown at 1:33:07 AM on ‎10/‎7/‎2023 was unexpected. Error, red circle with ! Task category none and source EventLogI was playing Battlefield during these times, my pc was on and running why did Windows report it as it shutdown unexpectedly while...
  5. Event ID 6008 persisting problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 6008 persisting problem: Got my laptop 6 months ago, and since then it has randomly shut down around 10 times. Each time, it was because of Event ID 6008. I doubt it's because of the fan since I just got the laptop and therefore there isn't that much dust. The only thing I can think of is that it...
  6. Random shutdowns Event ID 6008

Random shutdowns Event ID 6008: Hello, Over the past month I've had 10 random shutdown events. Checking temperatures seemed to indicate nothing wrong, though I did also clean the case of my PC for good measure. The hardware seems fine, the memory has no issues, the hard drives seem fine. There was an...
  7. event id 6008

event id 6008: i have updated my graphics driver recently. 30 mins ago, my computer restarted itself 3-4 times. it is ok for now. here are my event logs all same log -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="EventLog" />...
  8. Event ID 6008

Event ID 6008: Hi there, Every time I get this error I got so confused that I am even using the PC at that specific time and it told me there was a unexpected system shutdown. I searched the whole event viewer at that specific time and all I got is nothing. I did got a unexpected...
  9. EVENT ID 6008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EVENT ID 6008: Recently had a new computer built for me. Ever since I brought it home, the computer shuts down whilst a program is running. Only 1 program runs when it shuts down. The whole computer just shuts down then about 5 minutes later it reboots. I've taken the computer back...
  10. event id 6008

in Windows 10 Support
    event id 6008: I believe that event id 6008 is meant to indicate that the previous shutdown was unexpected. However on my computer it happens at odd times with successful shut downs in between. See the attached. I looked at what was happenning at 9:10:19 on 23rd February and the computer...