Windows 10: trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep.

Discus and support trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi alli trying trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep. this is different to the old style s3 sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chi won 346, May 23, 2023.

1. trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep.

hi alli trying trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep. this is different to the old style s3 sleep where it was easier.i have tried using task scheduler and created the task with the trigger Selecting "When a specific event is logged" trigger option, aConfigure the event trigger settings:Log: Select "System" from the dropdown menu.Source: Enter "Power-Troubleshooter" without quotes.Event ID: Enter "1" without quotes.but it does not work.please let me know a way to get this working even by using a third party app.please only let me know t

:)

chi won 346, May 23, 2023
  2. Robert09H Win User

Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery

After many hours of testing with a Dell Latitude Laptop (5520) I have isolated a number of issues and not sure if these can be resolved in the OS.

1) Task Schedules and Wake Timers fail to trigger from the Modern Standby S0 power sate.

2) My device has no support for S1-S3. I disabled S0 state to stop the system entering this. So only Hibernate and Off is available.

3) Task Scheduler and Wake Timers fail to trigger for the Hibernate S4 power state when there is no AC power. They work reliably when there is AC power.

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Robert09H, May 23, 2023
  3. Try3 Win User
    S0 Low Power Idle (Modern Standby) and wake from sleep

S0 is not really a sleep state but a glorified idle condition. There is no "wake" because there is no sleep.
    Modern Standby wake sources - MSDocs
    Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby) - TenForums

I also tried inhibiting S0 [on the one computer I have that's afflicted with this curse] and I found that doing so did not enable S3 [Sleep]. So I went back to normal and just set it up so it remained on the network while the display was off i.e. while in S0.
    Enable or Disable Network Connectivity in Modern Standby - TenForumsTutorials
    Add Networking connectivity in Standby to Power Options - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. jimhoyle Win User

trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep.

S0 Low Power Idle (Modern Standby) and wake from sleep

Powercfg /a tells that the only supported sleep state is S0 Low Power Idle. That is a very confusing thing, I could not find satisfactory information by googling. Is that sleep state supposed to arm keyboard/mouse wakeup the exact same way than S3?

I see that if I force S3 (the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PlatformAoAcOverride=0 trick), then sleep mode results in pulsating power button LED. However, when trying to wake from that state, not only keyboard/mouse doesn't work for wakeup, but also pressing the power button results in a crash. Fans turn on, power light turns permanently on, but nothing else happens, no image on the screen. Only holding power down (shutdown) will help at that point.

So in the S0 mode at least I can resume from sleep using power button, but I can't resume with keyboard/mouse. How do I troubleshoot this?

I tried maybe 15 different things already, nothing made any difference. When doing "powercfg /devicequery wake_armed" the keyboard and the mouse are listed. Also the laptop's integrated keyboard doesn't wake the computer and I have done "[x] Allow this device to wake the computer" everywhere I can think of.

Using Windows 10 version 21H1.

- - - Updated - - -

If I insert an old mouse into the USB-A port directly on the laptop, and go to sleep, the mouse does light up (gets power). But no matter how many times I click the mouse, the computer doesn't wake up (and I made sure "[x] Allow this device to wake the computer" is enabled).

- - - Updated - - -

I now tried to wake this computer by WOL (wake-on-lan). I know the magic packet goes through because "WOL - Magic Packet Sender" receives it went sent from another device. However, when sleeping, WOL won't wake it up either. (Wake on magic packet is enabled in the Ethernet adapter Advanced tab in Device Manager.)

jimhoyle, May 23, 2023
Thema:

trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep.

1. trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep. - Similar Threads - trying trigger task

2. trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep.: hi alli trying trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep. this is different to the old style s3 sleep where it was easier.i have tried using task scheduler and created the task with the trigger Selecting "When a specific event...
  3. trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep.: hi alli trying trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep. this is different to the old style s3 sleep where it was easier.i have tried using task scheduler and created the task with the trigger Selecting "When a specific event...
  4. trying to trigger a task to open notepad upon resuming/waking from MODERN STANDBYE S0 sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery: After many hours of testing with a Dell Latitude Laptop 5520 I have isolated a number of issues and not sure if these can be resolved in the OS.1 Task Schedules and Wake Timers fail to trigger from the Modern Standby S0 power sate.2 My device has no support for S1-S3. I...
  6. Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery: After many hours of testing with a Dell Latitude Laptop 5520 I have isolated a number of issues and not sure if these can be resolved in the OS.1 Task Schedules and Wake Timers fail to trigger from the Modern Standby S0 power sate.2 My device has no support for S1-S3. I...
  7. S0 Low Power Idle (Modern Standby) and wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    S0 Low Power Idle (Modern Standby) and wake from sleep: Powercfg /a tells that the only supported sleep state is S0 Low Power Idle. That is a very confusing thing, I could not find satisfactory information by googling. Is that sleep state supposed to arm keyboard/mouse wakeup the exact same way than S3? I see that if I force S3...
  8. Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby): For my Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen (Win 10 20H2 Build 19042.928) I have had issues using hibernation. About 30% of the time, the WiFi device will not work when resuming from hibernation. The device will not even appear in device manager. A reboot is required to make it appear and...
  9. BSOD upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon waking from sleep: Attachment 133661 A new laptop with Windows 10 freezing when waking from sleep. BSOD: irql not less or equal. Please help.. Thank you very much! 83616
  10. Power-Troubleshooter not triggered on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Power-Troubleshooter not triggered on wake from sleep: Hi, I have been researching on how to launch a simple command prompt command and then pipe the results to a text file whenever my laptop is woken from sleep. I am using Task Scheduler and triggering the action based on Log: System Source: Power-Troubleshooter Event...