Windows 10: Trying to understand syncing

Discus and support Trying to understand syncing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I did a fresh Window install for "friend" - The moment I signed into Windows with his Microsoft account, the desktop populated but he claims that it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Biff2020, May 24, 2021.

1. Biff2020 Win User

Trying to understand syncing

I did a fresh Window install for "friend" - The moment I signed into Windows with his Microsoft account, the desktop populated but he claims that it did not look like his old desktop from his old PC before the HD crashed and that it look more like his wife's PC. I looked at his wife's PC and noticed it was really his user account and also his Microsoft 365 account (OneDrive enabled) - So is it likely that the Wife's PC pushed its desktops settings to the new install? I am trying to understand which sync settings are the controlling factor (Windows, Edge, Microsoft 365 w/Onedrive enabled). I am guessing that the wife's PC should be using her own 365 account , not his, maybe cause conflicting OneDrive synching issues between the 2 PCs? Any words of wisdom that may clarify this situation would be appreciated

:)

Biff2020, May 24, 2021
  2. Biff2020 Win User

I did a fresh Window install for "friend" - The moment I signed into Windows with his Microsoft account, the desktop populated but he claims that it did not look like his old desktop from his old PC before the HD crashed and that it look more like his wife's PC. I looked at his wife's PC and noticed it was really his user account and also his Microsoft 365 account (OneDrive enabled) - So is it likely that the Wife's PC pushed its desktops settings to the new install? I am trying to understand which sync settings are the controlling factor (Windows, Edge, Microsoft 365 w/Onedrive enabled). I am guessing that the wife's PC should be using her own 365 account , not his, maybe cause conflicting OneDrive synching issues between the 2 PCs? Any words of wisdom that may clarify this situation would be appreciated

Biff2020, May 24, 2021
  3. Email will not sync in Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.

• Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.

• Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.

• Click on your account.

• Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 24, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, May 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying to understand syncing - Similar Threads - Trying understand syncing

2. Trying to Understand this person's thread

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Understand this person's thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-family-and-other-people-in-account/27568e93-827a-4acc-a13f-24238f8951f9In the above thread, is the original poster is saying that his family and other people disappears in account settingsDoes he mean that his...
  3. Trying to Understand this person's thread

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to Understand this person's thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-family-and-other-people-in-account/27568e93-827a-4acc-a13f-24238f8951f9In the above thread, is the original poster is saying that his family and other people disappears in account settingsDoes he mean that his...
  4. Trying to Understand this person's thread

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Syncing is paused resume syncing and try again

Syncing is paused resume syncing and try again: Hello. I can see my Google photos just fine but when I attempt to open a folder or photo on Windows 11, it tells me “We can’t get to this file because my computer syncing is paused. Resume syncing and try again.” I have went into my computer settings and my sync is turned on....
  6. Trying to Understand Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Understand Windows File Explorer: Hi all,I'm brand new to Windows and am trying to make sense of the file explorer. On the leftmost navigation window, everything in my computer OneDrive, This PC, Libraries, etc. seems to be grouped under a "Desktop" folder which doesn't have a file path. But under both "This...
  7. Trying to Understand Windows File Explorer

Trying to Understand Windows File Explorer: Hi all,I'm brand new to Windows and am trying to make sense of the file explorer. On the leftmost navigation window, everything in my computer OneDrive, This PC, Libraries, etc. seems to be grouped under a "Desktop" folder which doesn't have a file path. But under both "This...
  8. Trying to understand synching

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to understand synching: I did a fresh Window install for "friend" - The moment I signed into Windows with his Microsoft account, the desktop populated but he claims that it did not look like his old desktop from his old PC before the HD crashed and that it look more like his wife's PC. I looked at...
  9. Trying to understand authorities/permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to understand authorities/permissions: Hello - I've been viewing authorities/permissions as hierarchical with each successive level incorporating everything from the previous level and adding to it per this pic: [img] Today I encountered an anomaly which conflicts with that view whilst unsuccessfully attempting...
  10. Trying to sync accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to sync accounts: I have tried to sync my accounts because I have 3 and am unable to access my email. After much time and no success, I was told to sign into Microsoft but I can't do that because I have forgotten my password. They want to send me a code, however, they want to send it to my...