Windows 10: Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App

Discus and support Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello: We have a problem getting this Amazon 1Button App off the computer. Settings DOES NOT HAVE AN UNINSTALL AND NEITHER DOES THE CONTROL... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SharonHowe, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App

Hello:

We have a problem getting this Amazon 1Button App off the computer. Settings DOES NOT HAVE AN UNINSTALL AND NEITHER DOES THE CONTROL PANEL. WE ARE TRYING TO UNINSTALL IT. WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO. ITS ON A TOSHIBA LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 10. HAD TO RESET THE CHROME WEB BROWSER. SO UNINSTALL IS WHAT WE NEED. EVERYWHERE I GO TO TRY TO UNINSTALL IT TELL ME GO INTO THE PROGRAMS AND FEATURES BUT THERE IS NOTHING THERE TO HELP ME UNINSTALL IT. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP THIS VERY IMPORTANT AS THE LAPTOP IS FOR SOMEONE ELSE.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

:)

SharonHowe, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Vic67_740 Win User

Amazon 1button

1. Bought yesterday laptop.

2. After finishing it setting I run the windows update.

3. In a couple of hours, after windows updates were done, an Amazon 1button appeared on the Internet Explorer.

4. Checked add-ons for IE there is nothing.

5. I went to Control Panel -> Programs and Features and uninstall the Amazon Assistance. The "Amazon 1button" disappeared from the browser.

6. When I rebooted the laptop the button was back.

No matter hw many times I do step #5, each time I reboot laptop the "Amazon 1button" is reinstalled.

It is not a virus - I run the scan. It appeared right after several hour windows update. When you buy a new laptop and run windows update as I understand it reinstalls the latest version of Win 10 completely.

Please help, Should I delete all traces of Amazon from the registry?

Vic67_740, Nov 9, 2019
  3. amazon 1button app

Hi Angie,

You can uninstall or remove an application through Control Panel or Settings. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the steps that you have tried to uninstall or remove this specific app.

In case that you haven't tried doing these methods, we suggest that you follow the below steps:

Method 1: Uninstall an app through Settings.

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Click on Apps.
    • Select Apps & features tab.
    • On the right panel is the list of installed apps. Click on the app that you want to uninstall.
    • Click on Uninstall button.
    • This app and its related info will be uninstalled box will show. Click on
      Uninstall button to confirm.

Method 2: Uninstall an app through Control Panel.

• Click on Start.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • On the upper-right corner, set View by to Small
      icons.
    • Click on Programs and Features from the list.
    • A list of programs will show. Right-click on the app that you want to uninstall, and then select
      Uninstall.
    • When ask to confirm, click on Yes button.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 9, 2019
  4. dacrone Win User

Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App

IE11 Amazon 1Button App Hide Icon?

Can I HIDE the Amazon 1Button icon in IE11 without uninstalling the app? I have a shortcut on my desktop but don't want it in my IE11 Frame...

Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App [​IMG]

*Update* - I have resolved this. For some reason, after restarting my machine (multiple times) the .dll files for the browser extension appeared under the program files folder. I simply moved them to a .zip (in case I wanted to restore them) and it now works on my taskbar and does not appear in IE... Just thought i'd post this in case anyone else had the same question. Not sure why the .dll files didn't appear in program files immediately, but nevertheless..

dacrone, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App

1. Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App - Similar Threads - Trying uninstall Amazon

2. AMAZON SHOPPING APP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    AMAZON SHOPPING APP: I recently got my hp laptop envy reformatted... so i think the preloaded apps also get deleted in this process....I have downloaded all the necessary apps but the only app i cant find is the amazon shopping app... not amazon appstore, the amazon shopping app! I am talking...
  3. Amazon App Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amazon App Store: One of the Selling points proudly pointed out when Windows 11 were announced was the ability to install Android Apps via the App Store! With this in mind, I bought myself a brand new Surface Go to allow me to consolidate my old laptop and Android tablet into one.Low and...
  4. Amazon App Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amazon App Store: One of the Selling points proudly pointed out when Windows 11 were announced was the ability to install Android Apps via the App Store! With this in mind, I bought myself a brand new Surface Go to allow me to consolidate my old laptop and Android tablet into one.Low and...
  5. Trying to transfer pictures and uninstalling apps.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to transfer pictures and uninstalling apps.: I am new to Windows 10 and don't like it one bit. Not nearly as simple as W #7. When trying to transfer my pictures from my Android phone to my laptop with USB cable, it says there are no pictures on my phone, but my phone shows it does. What's going on? How can I...
  6. amazon music app

amazon music app: I am trying to download the above app it seems to be stuck in pending circle going around as if downloading but nothing happening for quite some time any ideas welcome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-music-app/8df92059-a955-4099-92a7-91408be0a727
  7. Bugged Amazon Music won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bugged Amazon Music won't uninstall: because of some bugs regarding the Music App I wanted to uninstall it but whenever I try to it says: "Installer payload initialization failed failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt download file."...
  8. Amazon Assistant Won't Uninstall

Amazon Assistant Won't Uninstall: Hi everyone, I saw threads about cannot remove the Amazon Assistant from your Windows 10 (uninstall - Modify) are greyed out. I had the same problem and saw previous thread, some pals recommended to install a 3rd party trial version application to clean the Windows registry...
  9. IE11 Amazon 1Button App Hide Icon?

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Amazon 1Button App Hide Icon?: Can I HIDE the Amazon 1Button icon in IE11 without uninstalling the app? I have a shortcut on my desktop but don't want it in my IE11 Frame... [img] *Update* - I have resolved this. For some reason, after restarting my machine (multiple times) the .dll files for the...
  10. Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled

Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled: I deleted/uninstalled Webroot SecureAnywhere months ago, once my free trial ended. I downloaded a new app for checking for viruses on my laptop around the same time. But the Webroot is still "installed" on my laptop and every time I try to uninstall it, it takes me to the...