Windows 10: Trying to uninstall from dead HDD

Discus and support Trying to uninstall from dead HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so I have an SSD and a HDD (windows on ssd). My hdd died recently and I have a few softwares that I want to install onto my ssd but that used to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hyperpixel99, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Trying to uninstall from dead HDD

Ok so I have an SSD and a HDD (windows on ssd). My hdd died recently and I have a few softwares that I want to install onto my ssd but that used to be on my hdd. when I try to do that it says "invalid drive /G" (G is my dead hdd) all help is appreciated thank you!

submitted by /u/Hyperpixel99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hyperpixel99, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Novrianus Win User

cant't uninstall program because the Hard drive is dead

recently one of my HDD ( drive H;\ ) gone dead, so i try to uninstall some of the program that was installed at drive H:\ so that i can install it again once i buy a new HDD, and this one, epic launcher, cannot be uninstalled, the error prompt is " Invalid
    drive H:\", so i try force remove it with register edit, delete the uninstall section, still came up at my listed program and still cannot be uninstall, try removing all of the Epic launcher register, but still came up at my listed program. any other solution?
    or do i really need to format my OS to remove this problem?

Novrianus, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Trying to uninstall from dead HDD

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Trying to uninstall from dead HDD :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Trying to uninstall from dead HDD

1. Trying to uninstall from dead HDD - Similar Threads - Trying uninstall dead

2. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my HDD dead?: So, when I turn my PC on, I get this message: Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty...
  3. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my HDD dead?: So, when I turn my PC on, I get this message: Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty...
  4. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a dead 60GB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a dead 60GB HDD: Hi, I have a dead 60GB HDD, and I want the data back from it. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-dead-60gb-hdd/9a5e7313-9bea-490f-80fe-49c496f697b1
  6. Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...: I have a Dell Laptop that had the HDD WIn 10 Pro crash the other day. When I put a new SSD in the Computer it finds it and wants to install. If I do that how will I get it activated without being able to access the old HDD? This computer was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from...
  7. New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.: I don't know if this is the right sub for this question, so please direct me to the right place if it's not. I bought an internal 6 TB IronWolf HDD for my family's Windows 10 computer. I ordered it from Newegg with fast processing and 2-day shipping. It arrived today and I...
  8. Recover Product Key from dead HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover Product Key from dead HDD: Hi, Recently, my laptop had a motherboard isuue that lead to the death of my PC. Almost every component is damaged, I brought the laptop in a PC repair shop but they couldn't do anything. We tried to recover at least the HDD, without success. I'm currently building a new...
  9. Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game.: I have a dead "Age Of Empires : Definitive Edition" start menu entry which I cannot remove. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-start-menu-entry-from-uninstalled-game/d9cebca9-60ef-4c8d-8a80-c26d68dc1d1c
  10. Win 10 on dead hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 on dead hdd: Hi all .. i need some advice on my options please ... i have had windows 10 for a few years now but it was the free upgrade from my win 7 when 10 was released .. My hdd has died, i have 3 other hdd’s installed and the back up of “my computer” was on one of them the folder...