Windows 10: Trying to uninstall KB4556799 to no avail :(

Discus and support Trying to uninstall KB4556799 to no avail :( in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello!! Ive never posted here before so excuse me if I'm missing formatting rules w/this, but I've been fighting my laptop and my artisul tablet all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fenseidhe, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Trying to uninstall KB4556799 to no avail :(

Hello!! Ive never posted here before so excuse me if I'm missing formatting rules w/this, but I've been fighting my laptop and my artisul tablet all morning after windows forced the update.

My tablet functions as a second screen with a usb and a mini hdmi port, and it frequently stops working when windows updates roll out. It stopped working this morning and I've tried everything that I usually do to get it back going (uninstalled/reinstalled all artisul drivers, different usb ports, system restore'd to before the update but it reinstalls kb455 every time)

it makes the typically positive connection noise every time I plug it in, and my tablets screen lights up like it's about to turn on, but then goes to its "hdmi not connected" wait screen.

when I try to uninstall from the updates list, it almost gets through and then it crashes at the end, giving me a "Updates could not be uninstalled" notification. i tried uninstalling it from the admin control panel and it fails from there too, saying it's crucial or something.

I'm giving installing the updates again and then uninstalling them a try, but if that doesnt work I guess I'm preparing to just wipe my computer but I'm worried that it's just going to install the update that feels like it's breaking my computer in the first place after I do.

I really just need to be able to draw and work Trying to uninstall KB4556799 to no avail :( :( Super dont have the funds to have to buy a new computer just because a windows update made the hdmi port shit itself to death

submitted by /u/fenseidhe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fenseidhe, Jun 28, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Trying to uninstall KB4556799 to no avail :( :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Cannot Uninstall Latest Quality Update (KB4556799)

Have you run DISM component cleanup/cleanup image lately, or used a cleaner that cleans up Windows update(like windows own disk clean-up)?
    Those get rid of the install fies, which means no uninstall files too.
    You probably need to get the update from Microsoft update catalog reinstall it, then uninstall.

You can find links to the update at the bottom of the first post: KB4556799 CU Win 10 v1903 build 18362.836 and v1909 build 18363.836

Cliff S, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Trying to uninstall KB4556799 to no avail :(

Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Centre not available to uninstall.

Hi Adrian,

Can you post the exact errors that you are getting with Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center?

Also, you can try these steps that might help with the issue:

• Press Windows key + X, then select Device Manager.
    • Look for the keyboard and mouse drivers.
    • Uninstall the problematic driver and restart your computer.

Let us know if the steps provided were able to help.

Venancio Khu, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Trying to uninstall KB4556799 to no avail :(

1. Trying to uninstall KB4556799 to no avail :( - Similar Threads - Trying uninstall KB4556799

2. Regarding Uninstalling Update KB4556799

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding Uninstalling Update KB4556799: When I try to uninstall the update KB4556799 from the control panel it does not show the uninstall option . Now what can I do now ???? Please help me.........
  3. uninstall windows update KB4556799

uninstall windows update KB4556799: trying to uninstall an update. I selected the update from the list of installed updates but there is no uninstall button to click. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-windows-update-kb4556799/d944ae52-fe37-4ac2-a514-0fee140ce66f
  4. KB4556799

KB4556799: clear issue. not working been several weeks. whats up? never had any other issue with any other update for windows 10... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4556799/e8045106-10f4-47ef-81cc-7afee90c0db0
  5. Cannot Uninstall Latest Quality Update (KB4556799)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Uninstall Latest Quality Update (KB4556799): Running Win 10 Home, Version 1909 on Acer Aspire A515-43 When I go to Settings>Update History>Select Update I can see and highlight the update but there is no uninstall option! So I start in advanced startup mode - I can select the Uninstall latest Quality update option and...
  6. Cannot Uninstall Latest Quality Update (KB4556799)

Cannot Uninstall Latest Quality Update (KB4556799): Running Win 10 Home, Version 1909 on Acer Aspire A515-43 When I go to Settings>Update History>Select Update I can see and highlight the update but there is no uninstall option! So I start in advanced startup mode - I can select the Uninstall latest Quality update option and...
  7. KB4556799 -

KB4556799 -: Can't uninstall. I do not have the option to uninstall the update in Installed Updates. I believe it has caused a severe problem with my installation. I tried the PowerShell option suggested but had no success....
  8. Windows 10 KB4556799 no "uninstall option"

Windows 10 KB4556799 no "uninstall option": After having this updated being installed automatically, I noticed some issues appearing, shortcuts on desktop not showing up correctly, along with a few other issues. Went to "Settings-->Updates-->Update history-->Uninstall Updates" but when i click this specific update,...
  9. Trying to uninstall kb4556799

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to uninstall kb4556799: This stupid update is crashing my computer relentlessly. I can get to it in the uninstall updates area, but when i right click i dont get any options at all. Also only about half the other updates give me an uninstall option. What the fuck? submitted by /u/Perfect_Ride...
  10. KB4556799 Tried to melt my Intel laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB4556799 Tried to melt my Intel laptop: After installing CPU utilization averaged 60% spiking to 100% while no resource heavy applications were running. Uninstalled KB4556799 and everything is back to normal. Anyone else experience the same? submitted by /u/joe3292003 [link] [comments]...
Tags: