Windows 10: Trying to unlink this computer's Windows 10 account from my personal Hotmail.com account

Discus and support Trying to unlink this computer's Windows 10 account from my personal Hotmail.com account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So here's the issue. I'm working on a computer at my church. In the normal, everyday way, I installed the Windows 10 2004 update to make sure the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dragonrage12343, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Trying to unlink this computer's Windows 10 account from my personal Hotmail.com account

So here's the issue. I'm working on a computer at my church. In the normal, everyday way, I installed the Windows 10 2004 update to make sure the computer didn't try to do it during a church service. When I logged back in the new EDGE opened up and I went through having a look to see what it was like and if the church media would want to use it. I did this using my personal hotmail.com account which now I realize was a mistake. Because of that, Edge then linked my personal email to the church's Windows 10 account. All attempts to separate the two have been failures. If I do it from the settings in Windows 10, Edge just puts them back together. If I do it from Edge, the computer acts as if the separation never occurred. I tried changing the email linked to the account, but now both Edge and Windows 10 think my personal account is the church's email address. When trying to change that back, now I'm being told my account doesn't exist. When I go to recreate it, I'm told it's already taken.

I ran out of ideas ages ago and I can't seem to find any previously resolved help on the matter. I just want to put my personal account back under my own name with my old email address and separate it from the church's computer. Send help please.

:)

dragonrage12343, Aug 14, 2020
  2. rpsgc Win User
    rpsgc, Aug 14, 2020
  3. FiiLeTe Win User
    Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Trying to unlink this computer's Windows 10 account from my personal Hotmail.com account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Trying to unlink this computer's Windows 10 account from my personal Hotmail.com account :(

Zakin, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Trying to unlink this computer's Windows 10 account from my personal Hotmail.com account

1. Trying to unlink this computer's Windows 10 account from my personal Hotmail.com account - Similar Threads - Trying unlink computer's

2. Unlinking my accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking my accounts: How can I unlink my PC and my laptop? My PC is under an email as my laptop was under a different email. Today I decided to do a factory reset on an old laptop and when I signed in, I accidentally used my email that was under my PC leading to both my PC and laptop linking....
  3. Unlinking my accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlinking my accounts: How can I unlink my PC and my laptop? My PC is under an email as my laptop was under a different email. Today I decided to do a factory reset on an old laptop and when I signed in, I accidentally used my email that was under my PC leading to both my PC and laptop linking....
  4. Unlink personal Microsoft account from Windows Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlink personal Microsoft account from Windows Server: HelloWhile setting up a new Windows Server 2022, I mistakenly activated the synchronisation for a Microsoft personal account when I logged in with Edge.Later, I tried to remove that account from the server, but it is still linked. I can't remove it in Edge and the common...
  5. Unlink personal Microsoft account from Windows Server

Unlink personal Microsoft account from Windows Server: HelloWhile setting up a new Windows Server 2022, I mistakenly activated the synchronisation for a Microsoft personal account when I logged in with Edge.Later, I tried to remove that account from the server, but it is still linked. I can't remove it in Edge and the common...
  6. Unlinking a work account from personal device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking a work account from personal device: I use 2 personal computers linked to a work Microsoft account and would like to unlink only one computer. Will this unlink my work account from the second computer?...
  7. Unlinking a work account from personal device

Unlinking a work account from personal device: I use 2 personal computers linked to a work Microsoft account and would like to unlink only one computer. Will this unlink my work account from the second computer?...
  8. Unlinking my Windows 10 activation from my account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unlinking my Windows 10 activation from my account.: Hello. I have windows activated and linked to my account. Is there any possible way to unlink it from my account or linking it to perhaps another Microsoft account?...
  9. unlink the Administrator Windows 10 account from a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    unlink the Administrator Windows 10 account from a Microsoft account: I do *NOT* want to delete my Administrator account I do *NOT* want to delete any user account I do *NOT* want to disable my Administrator account I do *NOT* want to change the password for my Administrator account Now, let me explain the problem. From my Google searches,...
  10. Unlink Microsoft Hotmail account from my Windows 10 laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unlink Microsoft Hotmail account from my Windows 10 laptop: Hi, Hoping someone can help me! I recently loaded Windows 10 on my laptop, however, I never linked my Microsoft hotmail account. I've been having trouble setting permissions on my daughter's account which is Microsoft hotmail too, so I opened the family section, I logged...