Windows 10: Trying to untangle current Office installation

Discus and support Trying to untangle current Office installation in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello to the forum. Following some "issues" with a w10p 1909 installation .... I am trying to do the re-install the right way. Dell L5500 year 2019... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Pavl, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Pavl Win User

Trying to untangle current Office installation

Hello to the forum.
    Following some "issues" with a w10p 1909 installation .... I am trying to do the re-install the right way.
    Dell L5500 year 2019 build x64
    The problem machine will not connect to internet (no browser, connection shown but Office(s) just hang when any connection attempt is made, no other program succeeds in getting a connection ... that information to make it clear I have to work from a second machine with w7p.

So in trying to de-activate the Office 2016 install on w10p machine I first checked with Word that the product is activated and got "Product Activated" on account page.
    This confirmation is inconsistent ... sometimes no information shown.

I had activated the w10p with my Microsoft account so thought I would just check that for the Office 2016.
    But not listed ..... despite being installed and activated online shortly after w10p activation (digital license & Win7 oem key in firmware).
    Nor is this current activated licensed Office 2010 pro on this w7p machine.
    Only an unused 2013 Home and Office with key that was from years ago prior to either of these machines.

So ... after searching found the way to check by using "ospp.vbs"
    Could not make the command work (admin cmd) (usually with 'C:\cscript' is not recognised)
    The furthest I got was to have the "ospp.htm" open in Notepad++ but this from the cscript line (to my surprise) but no result in the cmd window.

In Notepad++ the 'htm' file has some document properties that include a persons name and dates created in 2011 and lastsaved in 2015 with revisions 27 .....(no knowledge of the name and prior to this machine build !)

So then went hunting ... from further reading ...
    Found on w10p machine the following.... with show hidden and unchecked protected ....

Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 ... (I had already loaded a dvd MS Access 2010 so this is a 'known').

Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\ClientX64\IntegratedOffice.exe & OfficeClickToRun.exe (unkown 2013 to me never installed by me).

Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ 'full of files' (assuming for 2010 Access)

Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\ ... ospp.htm & ospp.vbs & ospprearm.exe & slerror.xml (no other files).

Nothing for '15' in (x86)

Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ ... various folders including ..\OFFICE14\ .. 1x folder plus 6 files including 'MSOXMLED.EXE'

Tried to find other options ( from within MS account on this w7p machine ) but drew a blank.

All I want to do is de-activate the 2016 Office proplus ( I have a full 25 digit key which functioned correctly first and only time used ).

I am prepared to get a new ssd for this machine to re-install the w10p 1909 but would like to also use the 2016 Office.
    But also prepared to just drop the whole lot and start with a new copy of 2013 Office as I dont really need the 16 version (assuming an attempt to re-install 2016 would fail).

Unless one of the wizards here can suggest a way to just de-activate the 2016 ?
    Paul

:)

2. Sasqui Win User

Help With Office 2013 Install

Our IT department sent a note about home use (Office 365, specifically), and this warning:

A suggestion... re-install Office 2010, then try to install 2013?

Sasqui, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Office windows 10

Hi,

Before you continue with any of the methods in this section, we recommend that you check for multiple Office installations on your computer. To do this, follow these steps:

1- Type appwiz.cpl in the Search box, and then press Enter.

2. Check the list of currently installed programs for multiple installations of the Microsoft Office suite.

If there are multiple installations of Microsoft Office installed on the computer we recommend that you follow the steps that are listed in Method 2 of this section. If there is only one installation of Microsoft Office on the computer, follow the steps that
    are listed in Method 1 of this section. Only follow the steps that are listed in Method 3 if you still experience the problem after you have attempted the first two methods or you have installed Microsoft Office Trial suite.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/246429...

MilesPruett, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Trying to untangle current Office installation

Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Trying to untangle current Office installation

1. Trying to untangle current Office installation - Similar Threads - Trying untangle current

2. Trying to install and activate an old copy of Office 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Trying to install and activate an old copy of Office 2007: Hello everyone. My name is Stephen Lester and I am a retired senior with just enough experience to be dangerous! Recently, I was trying to install and activate an old copy of Office 2007. It installed ok but when I tried to activate it it gave me an error message stating the...
  3. Office 2010 support is ending - get current with Office 365 ProPlus Office

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2010 support is ending - get current with Office 365 ProPlus Office: The way we work has changed. When we launched Office 2010, our aim was to help customers unlock their potential with best-in-class tools they could use to be more productive. Ten years later, the very definition of productivity has changed significantly. To succeed today,...
  4. Still trying to install office 2019 !!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still trying to install office 2019 !!!: Have purchased office 2019 on the vlsc and am trying to install it on an acer with windows 10. I used to get the error needs iis services and asp net 4.7, after trying a fix recommended by one of your members i can now get to the setup.exe but when i try to open it just...
  5. Windows trying to update Office 2010 that is not installed on PC

Windows trying to update Office 2010 that is not installed on PC: Getting update errors but don't have office 2010 on this system. 6116
  6. Windows trying to update Office 2013 that is not installed on PC

Windows trying to update Office 2013 that is not installed on PC: Getting update errors but don't have Office 2013 on this system. Here are the KB's: - Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB3114350) 32-Bit Edition - Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB3039720) 32-Bit Edition - Update for Microsoft Lync 2013 (KB2956174)...
  7. What is the most current version of office 2016 / Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    What is the most current version of office 2016 / Office 365: Hi there anybody know what the most up to date version of Office 2016 / Office 365 is I've got this one : [img] I don't update automatically as sometimes updates break things Cheers jimbo 92898
  8. Office 2016 and Office 365 Current Channel v1704 build 8067.2157

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2016 and Office 365 Current Channel v1704 build 8067.2157: Current Channel June 1, 2017 Version 1704 (Build 8067.2157) OneNote: Non-security updates This channel release contains the following non-security updates: Fix an issue where the OneNote canvas hides content or updates when many paragraphs are in view....
  9. Current Channel build 16.0.7369.2038 for Office 2016 and Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Current Channel build 16.0.7369.2038 for Office 2016 and Office 365: Current Channel October 11, 2016 Version 1609 (Build 7369.2038) OneNote: Non-security updates This channel release contains the following non-security updates: Fix an issue where writing to the registry on a computer that prohibits any registry writes causes...
  10. Current Channel build 16.0.7369.2054 for Office 2016 and Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Current Channel build 16.0.7369.2054 for Office 2016 and Office 365: Current Channel November 2, 2016 Version 1609 (Build 7369.2054) Excel: Non-security updates This channel release contains the following non-security updates: Fix an issue where using VBA code to copy a worksheet unhides worksheets that are hidden. Fix an issue...