Windows 10: Trying to update a Lenovo Ideapad 100S-141BR

Discus and support Trying to update a Lenovo Ideapad 100S-141BR in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, all - I'm trying to do a Windows 10 update on my 2018 Lenovo Ideapad 100S-141BR, but it keeps telling me there isn't enough disc space. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SueB, May 4, 2021.

1. SueB Win User

Trying to update a Lenovo Ideapad 100S-141BR

Hi, all - I'm trying to do a Windows 10 update on my 2018 Lenovo Ideapad 100S-141BR, but it keeps telling me there isn't enough disc space. I've tried attaching a flash drive that has more than enough room on it, but the computer seems to be ignoring it and keeps telling me I don't have enough disc space. There's no way for me to delete enough stuff off the hard drive to free up enough space since most of the room is taking up by systems files. Then I got a message from the Windows 10 Update Assistant that my Lenovo couldn't be updated. Is there any way I can make this update work out, or is there no way to update this laptop? Thanks!! Trying to update a Lenovo Ideapad 100S-141BR :)

:)

SueB, May 4, 2021
  2. SueB Win User

Hi, all -

I'm trying to do a Windows 10 update on my 2018 Lenovo Ideapad 100S-141BR, but it keeps telling me there isn't enough disc space. I've tried attaching a flash drive that has more than enough room on it, but the computer seems to be ignoring it and keeps telling me I don't have enough disc space. There's no way for me to delete enough stuff off the hard drive to free up enough space since most of the room is taking up by systems files.

Then I got a message from the Windows 10 Update Assistant that my Lenovo couldn't be updated.

Is there any way I can make this update work out, or is there no way to update this laptop?

Thanks!! Trying to update a Lenovo Ideapad 100S-141BR :)

SueB, May 4, 2021
  3. Trying to update a Lenovo Ideapad 100S-141BR

Hi SueB and welcome to TF,

So how big is your hard drive then? If you trying to update your Windows, I think it has nothing to do with connecting a flash drive, if you mean USB flash drive. More likely you would need a bigger hard drive, as bro67 said.

HTH

Ivan Petrov, May 4, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Hi, what is your current build? The forum prompted you thus:

Trying to update a Lenovo Ideapad 100S-141BR [​IMG]

How much free space do you have on your system drive? (For a feature update (upgrade) you need at least around 30Gb free). If you're simply short of space, there's a tutorial to help:
    Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10

What is the update or upgrade you are attempting?

Please post the text of any error message exactly as shown.

Note that when upgrading, Windows.old is created on your system drive - about as large as your existing Windows folder. Attaching a flash drive does not help with this.

Thanks.

dalchina, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying to update a Lenovo Ideapad 100S-141BR - Similar Threads - Trying update Lenovo

2. Lenovo 100s ideapad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo 100s ideapad: Hi I have a Lenovo 100s idea pad that’s a few years old now. It seems stuck on version 1803. I’m not overly IT savvy but I did a clean boot Sunday to see if it would install updates , last night I did a clean start where it wiped my files and everything and I’ve again tried...
  3. Lenovo 100s ideapad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo 100s ideapad: Hi I have a Lenovo 100s idea pad that’s a few years old now. It seems stuck on version 1803. I’m not overly IT savvy but I did a clean boot Sunday to see if it would install updates , last night I did a clean start where it wiped my files and everything and I’ve again tried...
  4. Lenovo 100s ideapad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Emails in Lenovo ideapad 100s.

Emails in Lenovo ideapad 100s.: Is there a way to delete all the unread new mail at once and all the old mail at once in the Lenovo ideapad 100s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-in-lenovo-ideapad-100s/68085c7a-fa5d-4dd3-83a1-d02cada46faf
  6. trying to reinstall win10 on a Lenovo 100s but space issues.

trying to reinstall win10 on a Lenovo 100s but space issues.: Can I get a download on MY Dell win7 laptop for the Lenovo machine? For free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reinstall-win10-on-a-lenovo-100s-but/4de5b20a-b802-4c43-a103-34f9efc69844
  7. Windows 10 - Fading Display Characters On A Lenovo IdeaPad 100S

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Fading Display Characters On A Lenovo IdeaPad 100S: Dear Microsoft Subsequent to installing the latest version on 1809 for Windows 10 the characters which display on my laptop screen are faded and blurred. I have discovered from my web research that others have suffered the very same problem and as such would you kindly...
  8. Lenovo 100s ideapad Bitlocker problem after Windows update Nov 2018.

Lenovo 100s ideapad Bitlocker problem after Windows update Nov 2018.: My Lenovo 100s got a Microsoft update on 2/11/18. Since restarting I get the bitlocker blue screen asking me to enter the recovery. I never set one up, was never asked to set one up, so don't have one. Been backwards and forwards with Lenovo, who say they are working on the...
  9. Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY Factory reset does not work

Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY Factory reset does not work: My son purchased this over a year ago and stopped using it 6 months ago. The Micorsoft update assistant is trying to load but there is not enough room so it cancels. I had to uninstall but the it keeps trying to install. I decided to set it back to factory default and...
  10. ideapad 100s problem

ideapad 100s problem: i bought second hand ideapad 100s now i waz trying to reinstall os which was windows 10 now a deleted partition now if says no bootable media it doesnt even detect the memory stick with os also it doesnt even give me the option to set the bios to legasy help plz 69776