Windows 10: Trying to update from Win7 to Win10/ when I get to this step, it stays on forever and...

Discus and support Trying to update from Win7 to Win10/ when I get to this step, it stays on forever and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to update from Win-7 to Win-10. After going through all steps, my laptop gets stuck here ["Making sure you're ready to install" - this may take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ARTHUR BAJOUKA, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Trying to update from Win7 to Win10/ when I get to this step, it stays on forever and...

Trying to update from Win-7 to Win-10. After going through all steps, my laptop gets stuck here ["Making sure you're ready to install" - this may take a few minutes, please wait], and stays there forever, over 9 hours, and still, nothing happened, until I get tired of it and restart the computer which it takes me back again to Windows 7. I tried reinstalling it multiple times, but the same thing happens all over again. I have the anti-virus software turned off. My laptop meets the requirements for Windows 10. Any thoughts? thank you

:)

ARTHUR BAJOUKA, Jan 24, 2023

2. What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10?

Hi

I have been using Linux many years but now I am returning back to Windows.

I have Dell E6500 laptop and I like to install Win10 Pro 64 bit OS for that laptop. I have following "tools" in my hand:

- Win10 Pro and activation "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to you Microsoft account" so activation of this 32 bit OS is okay

- Dell is refurbisher laptop and I have a product key for Win7

- also I have DVD as Win7 (32 bit and 64 bit) and ISO images of Win10 (32 bit and 64 bit)

Please, can you help about steps for installation:

- shall I first install Win7 (64) and then update it to Win 10 (64)?

If yes, how about activation Win10, now there is this digital licence and shall I save it or deactivated and then activated?

If no, then what are recommended steps?

Digital licence in Microsoft account - example, if I must reinstall this Win10, shall I first install Win7 etc or can I just install Win10 and digital is taking care about activation of that reinstallation?

Simple questions, I think, mostly I have been working with older Windows systems and that knowhow is not anymore valid in here Trying to update from Win7 to Win10/ when I get to this step, it stays on forever and... :)

Br.Tapio

TooleTuite, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Scoobydu Win User
    homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Jan 24, 2023
  4. btarunr Win User

Trying to update from Win7 to Win10/ when I get to this step, it stays on forever and...

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

Trying to update from Win7 to Win10/ when I get to this step, it stays on forever and...

1. Trying to update from Win7 to Win10/ when I get to this step, it stays on forever and... - Similar Threads - Trying update Win7

2. Trying to update from Win7 to Win10/ when I get to this step, it stays on forever and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to update from Win7 to Win10/ when I get to this step, it stays on forever and...: Trying to update from Win-7 to Win-10. After going through all steps, my laptop gets stuck here ["Making sure you're ready to install" - this may take a few minutes, please wait], and stays there forever, over 9 hours, and still, nothing happened, until I get tired of it and...
  3. Trying to update from Win7 to Win10/ when I get to this step, it stays on forever and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to update from Win7 to Win10/ when I get to this step, it stays on forever and...: Trying to update from Win-7 to Win-10. After going through all steps, my laptop gets stuck here ["Making sure you're ready to install" - this may take a few minutes, please wait], and stays there forever, over 9 hours, and still, nothing happened, until I get tired of it and...
  4. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  5. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  6. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  7. Errors when upgrading from Win7 to Win10

Errors when upgrading from Win7 to Win10: Hello, I'm trying to upgrade my Win7 OS to Win10. I have launched the MediaCreationTool1903. I end up with an error REPLICATE_OC in the phase SAFE_OS. 0x8007001F - 0x20006. I have noticed the CBS.log file contained some errors like: Error CBS Failed...
  8. What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10?: Hi I have been using Linux many years but now I am returning back to Windows. I have Dell E6500 laptop and I like to install Win10 Pro 64 bit OS for that laptop. I have following "tools" in my hand: - Win10 Pro and activation "Windows is activated with a digital licence...
  9. Direct update from Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Direct update from Win7 to Win10: I've just done upgrade to Windows10 over internet. It is automatically activated. What I have to do if I want to do a fresh installation of windows10? Which version should I download in using Media Creation tool? which key will work? Here is the screenshot of show key...
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716