Windows 10: Trying to update from Windows 10 version 1803 to latest but gets stuck at 99%

Discus and support Trying to update from Windows 10 version 1803 to latest but gets stuck at 99% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have tried numerous times to update but always gets stuck at 99% complete any suggestions on how to fix please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steve_796, May 23, 2021.

1. Steve_796 Win User

Trying to update from Windows 10 version 1803 to latest but gets stuck at 99%

Have tried numerous times to update but always gets stuck at 99% complete any suggestions on how to fix please.

:)

Steve_796, May 23, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99%.

Hi Lynn,

To get a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• What is the make and model of your Computer?

• Are you getting any error messages?

• Just to clarify, are you trying to update Windows 10 or Are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from any older version of Windows?

• If you are doing an upgrade; how are you upgrading to Windows 10? What is the Windows version already installed on Computer?
    I

suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa in the below link and check if you can upgrade to Windows 10 successfully.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

Hope you can upgrade to Windows 10 successfully.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, May 23, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying to update from Windows 10 version 1803 to latest but gets stuck at 99% - Similar Threads - Trying update version

2. Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.: A few months ago, I had managed to recover a laptop I used to use before it fell into what could best be discribed as a comatose state from an accidental spil, ever since then I have been trying to update Windows 10 to 21H2, only for each attempt to fail on me and revert back...
  3. Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.: A few months ago, I had managed to recover a laptop I used to use before it fell into what could best be discribed as a comatose state from an accidental spil, ever since then I have been trying to update Windows 10 to 21H2, only for each attempt to fail on me and revert back...
  4. Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 update from version 1803 to the latest version freezes at 48% on startup

windows 10 update from version 1803 to the latest version freezes at 48% on startup: I tried many strategies that I found online, I am tired of trying more now, it just keeps freezing at 48% I do not wish to make a fresh install of windows 10 Can I get some expert help please Regards zuzeppi...
  6. Windows 10 update 1803 to latest version

Windows 10 update 1803 to latest version: I was trying to install windows update for my Windows 10 version 1803 and every time it start to install it get freeze on 48% and I have to shut off the computer and restart it to undo the update installation. tried to get the update manually with windows 10 update assistant...
  7. Windows latest version update stuck at 99% for about 5 hours and counting

Windows latest version update stuck at 99% for about 5 hours and counting: Hello! Suppose that I am installing Windows 10 to its latest version Windows 10 version 2004, but it still gets stuck at 99%. What must I do with this?...
  8. Update to Windows 10 version 1903 stuck at 99%

Update to Windows 10 version 1903 stuck at 99%: I recently bough a new laptop,and today the laptop showed me I have some update to make,when I started then first time it showed me that the state of the update is initialising for like 2 hours. After I tried to resolve the problem with troubleshooterthis didn't helped me...
  9. Computer stuck at 99% with latest update

Computer stuck at 99% with latest update: I attempted to use MS update assistant to update Windows 10 after latest issue made public. Computer was stuck at 99% for seven hours. I read one of your fixes that suggested copying a file, putting it on home screen then restart computer open that file etc. I followed the...
  10. I'm trying to update windows to the latest version from version 1803

I'm trying to update windows to the latest version from version 1803: Hey, Recently I tried to update my windows to the latest version from version 1803. Few days ago I saw that the new update is available. The update had begun once it reached 29% my laptop restarted. I checked Windows Update and it said: Unable to install some updates...