Windows 10: Trying to update my computer

Discus and support Trying to update my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. trying to update my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by drewFinona, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Trying to update my computer

Split from this thread.​

trying to update my computer

:)

drewFinona, Nov 26, 2019

2. After upgrading to Windows 10, cursor is disappeared while trying to shutdown the computer

Hi Hana,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the mouse driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

Let’s try to shut down the computer from log-in screen and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + L and keep tapping
      Tab key
      on the keyboard.
    • Once it select shutdown option hit enter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I recommend you to update the mouse driver manually and check if this helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the device driver and select
      Up-date.

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    If the above steps did not helps to fix the issue, try the below steps.

Step 3.

I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer and download the latest updated mouse driver and install the same.

Hope it helps. Post us with the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 26, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Trying to update my computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Trying to update my computer

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Trying to update my computer

1. Trying to update my computer - Similar Threads - Trying update computer

2. Stop trying to force your malware updates on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop trying to force your malware updates on my computer: I like being on 1909 and you have intentionally gone out of your way to make it as hard as possible for me to stop you from forcing yourselves onto my computer. I do not consent to this. I have deleted all update tasks. Disabled the windows update service. Disabled them all...
  3. Stop trying to force your malware updates on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop trying to force your malware updates on my computer: I like being on 1909 and you have intentionally gone out of your way to make it as hard as possible for me to stop you from forcing yourselves onto my computer. I do not consent to this. I have deleted all update tasks. Disabled the windows update service. Disabled them all...
  4. Stop trying to force your malware updates on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When I try and Update My computer this happens

When I try and Update My computer this happens: [ATTACH]WHEN I TRY AND RETRY IT SAYS THE SAME THING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-and-update-my-computer-this-happens/4de97af7-e3c9-430a-a91a-ac4d4f19d1c1
  6. Tried to update my computer now I think it's broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tried to update my computer now I think it's broken: I recently updated my computer for the October 2020 update via settings. Now, it's giving me the option to select keyboard language. When I select keyboard language, I pick US English, but then it takes a few minutes. A black bar appears near the middle of my screen and my...
  7. My computer freezes while trying to update.

My computer freezes while trying to update.: My computer freezes at 56% during update. I can’t access task manager or safe mode. I have to force turn off. When restarting it goes right into update and freezes again at 56%....
  8. Every day my computer tries to update and it fails.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every day my computer tries to update and it fails.: Can someone tell me what to do to stop these "updates"? Every day my computer tries to install updates - either at start up or shutdown. The whole screen goes grey and there's a message telling me how the "progress" is going...The updates never go through and then it spends...
  9. Trying to connect my computer to my printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to connect my computer to my printer: Trying to connect my laptop to my printer !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-connect-my-computer-to-my-printer/c2b1ffb4-d3c0-4b8e-9720-2fab2f020572
  10. Trying to update / upgrade my win 10 computer

Trying to update / upgrade my win 10 computer: Hello, After all the answers you wrote to me, yesterday made another try to update / upgrade my windows 10.Made a new Iso file with the creation media tool.Ran all tests as on attached "Scan results.txt" file.Disabled all programs in the "Task mgr Startup list"Only keyboard,...