Windows 10: trying to update my Windows 10 64 bit and getting "windows update components must be repaired"

Discus and support trying to update my Windows 10 64 bit and getting "windows update components must be repaired" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how can I remedy this and receive the latest updates? the troubleshooter can not fix this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KimHunz50, Dec 2, 2020.

1. KimHunz50 Win User

trying to update my Windows 10 64 bit and getting "windows update components must be repaired"

how can I remedy this and receive the latest updates? the troubleshooter can not fix this.

:)

KimHunz50, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile trying to update my Windows 10 64 bit and getting "windows update components must be repaired" :)

Naki, Dec 2, 2020
  3. TC-man Win User
    Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Dec 2, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

trying to update my Windows 10 64 bit and getting "windows update components must be repaired"

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

1. trying to update my Windows 10 64 bit and getting "windows update components must be repaired" - Similar Threads - trying update bit

2. I'm getting the following message when trying to update windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm getting the following message when trying to update windows 10 64-bit: A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to install We'll keep trying to install. Seems to be related to synaptics mouse which Is unlocateable in the device manager. No error code given with error message...
  3. Failure to Repair Windows Update Components

Failure to Repair Windows Update Components: I've had issues trying to get windows to update to the 1803 service pack. After another round of the update installing and restarting my computer, only for it to hang on restart until it undoes the update, I decided to try and troubleshoot the problem to see if I could get it...
  4. Windows update components must be repaired

Windows update components must be repaired: Trouble shooter reports components need repairing, failing to tell how the repair is done. Are there files to be downloaded? to fix the non-working update components? Update Database appears to be corrupted - fix for that? Win 10 Home 32 bit Desktop is stuck on 1803, 1903...
  5. Windows Update components must be repaired error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update components must be repaired error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you see a message Windows Update components must be repaired, One or more windows update components are configured incorrectly in Windows 10, then here are some suggestions that can help you resolve the issue. Windows Update components must be [...] This...
  6. Windows 10 64 bit update

Windows 10 64 bit update: How can I get a free update of Windows 10 for a 64 bit system? I do not mind the Windows updates because they are necessary to keep the system running. What I do mind is not being given a choice for a 32 bit system or a 64 bit system. The latest update, 1709 placed a 32 bit...
  7. Update Error: Windows Updates components must be repaired

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Error: Windows Updates components must be repaired: After running the update troubleshooter I get: Windows Updates components must be repaired. How do I fix this problem? Don Cole 118229
  8. Windows Updates components must be repaired

Windows Updates components must be repaired: After running the update troubleshooter I get: Windows Updates components must be repaired. How do I fix this problem? Don Cole 118229
  9. windows 10 - 64 bit updates.

windows 10 - 64 bit updates.: windows has updates that won't finish . no real clue as to why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-64-bit-updates/7a400d7a-7f4c-40ed-9963-911ba947bcc1
  10. Repairing Windows 10 64 bit

Repairing Windows 10 64 bit: My Edge browser and the Microsoft shop have stopped working. I have tried all of the different fixes. Nothing has worked so I need to repair install windows. Is there a way to use the upgrade to reinstall Windows? I would like to be able to keep my apps and programs....