Windows 10: trying to update my windows defender

Discus and support trying to update my windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I update my windows defender because I have tried many times?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kenny897, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Kenny897 Win User

trying to update my windows defender

How can I update my windows defender because I have tried many times?

:)

Kenny897, Jul 22, 2021

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 22, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Jul 22, 2021
  4. trying to update my windows defender

Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

trying to update my windows defender

1. trying to update my windows defender - Similar Threads - trying update defender

2. My Windows Update cannot update Windows Defender. While Windows Defender itself is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Update cannot update Windows Defender. While Windows Defender itself is...: Yesterday, I downloaded a game that required turning off all options of windows defender and installing a 'disable windows defender'. After I did all this, and eventually played the game which turned out to be trash. I uninstalled it but found that I can't turn windows...
  3. My Windows Update cannot update Windows Defender. While Windows Defender itself is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Update cannot update Windows Defender. While Windows Defender itself is...: Yesterday, I downloaded a game that required turning off all options of windows defender and installing a 'disable windows defender'. After I did all this, and eventually played the game which turned out to be trash. I uninstalled it but found that I can't turn windows...
  4. My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.: Anything left before I have to reinstall windows? So I'm actually on a fresh install of windows, bought a new machine with it pre-installed a month ago. Yes I torrent. But I've been using PCs since the 90s. I know what to click on and what not to (at least I think). I've...
  5. Windows Defender Updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Updates?: Hey all, I was just wondering if I postpone my Win 10 updates for a few weeks, will my Windows Defender still get it's virus updates or do they get them thru the Win 10 Update? Thanks in advance 146117
  6. why is my window defender is not updating

why is my window defender is not updating: my window is not updating and also my window defender what should I do to get my window 10 updated to the latest version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-is-my-window-defender-is-not-updating/2facfeb5-bd34-497f-a89d-029b0118052f
  7. Windows Defender updating

Windows Defender updating: How to get Windows Defender to automatically do updates ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-updating/7c0c478e-6e0a-4530-8a79-2ee7f7190ad4
  8. Issue when try update the Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue when try update the Windows Defender: Issue when try update the Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-when-try-update-the-windows-defender/590b5448-adc1-4ff4-b024-ab6eded69a09
  9. updating windows defender

updating windows defender: my windows antivirus is having problem updating what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/updating-windows-defender/4a7c4ae3-0318-4c43-b44f-e1565db85417
  10. trying to turn off windows defender

trying to turn off windows defender: I am trying to completely turn off/disable windows defender. i have norton and malwarebytes pro installed on my computer so there is need for another antivirus program to be running at all. i managed to turn off the real time protection, but the service is still running...