Windows 10: trying to update my windows version

Discus and support trying to update my windows version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when I was trying to update my laptop it always showed up an error on downloading the new update and it kept showing login to windows Microsoft family... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Christophercamino, Jan 15, 2019.

1. trying to update my windows version

when I was trying to update my laptop it always showed up an error on downloading the new update and it kept showing login to windows Microsoft family and when I tried to log in it never worked please help me.

:)

Christophercamino, Jan 15, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 15, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond trying to update my windows version :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 15, 2019
  4. trying to update my windows version

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

trying to update my windows version

1. trying to update my windows version - Similar Threads - trying update version

2. Trying to update my windows to version 20H2 but stuck on the restart screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to update my windows to version 20H2 but stuck on the restart screen: everytime the update reached 20%, my PC restarts it self and it'll get stuck in that screen for hours.I have a fast internet connection and i don't think that causes the problem...
  3. Feature update version 2004 failed, then Windows tries version 20H2

Feature update version 2004 failed, then Windows tries version 20H2: Greetings all, On 10/28/2020 my PC attempted its update to "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004". Since then, it has attempted to update to version 20H2, which I saw on another forum is a "Windows Insider Edition." I have no idea what that is, and I didn't do...
  4. Trying to update Windows 10 to latest version.

Trying to update Windows 10 to latest version.: I am currently running Windows 10 64-bit version 1709. I try to run the update assistant to get it to the current version and nothing seems to be working to update it....
  5. trying to update to new version of windows 10

trying to update to new version of windows 10: this pc can't be upgraded to windows 10. your pc settings aren't supported yet on this version of windows 10. microsoft is working to support your settings soon. no action is needed. windows update will offer this version of windows 10 automatically when these settings are...
  6. I'm trying to update windows to the latest version from version 1803

I'm trying to update windows to the latest version from version 1803: Hey, Recently I tried to update my windows to the latest version from version 1803. Few days ago I saw that the new update is available. The update had begun once it reached 29% my laptop restarted. I checked Windows Update and it said: Unable to install some updates...
  7. Windows 10 Version 1709 & trying to update

Windows 10 Version 1709 & trying to update: We have a machine that refuses to do any types of updates while trying to keep files, etc. Windows 10 Update error codes: 0x8007000d, 0x80073712 and a few others Windows 10 Update Assistant error code: 0x8007000d Troubleshooter>Windows Update has a potential database...
  8. Why is my Windows trying to update 1803 updates to a 1709 version?

Why is my Windows trying to update 1803 updates to a 1709 version?: I have Windows version 1709 on my Alienware Laptop. Zero problems with updates until after the last December update. Beginning in May, Update has been downloading and trying to install 1803 updates. Each time, the update fails and I get Stopcode: Driver PNP WATCHDOG. Each...
  9. Trying to update to latest win10 version

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to update to latest win10 version: When I try to update it gets just so far and then a message pops up telling me that Avira AntiVir has to be uninstalled because it is not compatible with Win10. When I attempt to uninstall the Avira it gets very, very close to doing so, but then freezes and will never...
  10. Version 1607 trying to update my Windows 10 Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1607 trying to update my Windows 10 Professional: I have set my Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options to "Defer upgrades". But, now I see in my Notifications that my computer is scheduled to Restart to install Version 1607. Has Microsoft overridden all users of Windows 10 Pro to install 1607 now?...