Windows 10: Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

Discus and support Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection definition update failed. how do I clear it?? Error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kel 1965, May 27, 2023.

1. Kel 1965 Win User

Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection definition update failed. how do I clear it?? Error code 2147024816

:)

Kel 1965, May 27, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Stepping up protection with intelligent security

Source: Stepping up protection with intelligent security | Microsoft Secure Blog

Brink, May 27, 2023
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, May 27, 2023
  4. Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

windows defender security intelligence update failed

hi,

i try to configure VDI update for windows defender..the definition file was unpack to file server ..i set the folder security to everyone. but the update still failed.

Windows Defender Antivirus has encountered an error trying to update security intelligence.

New security intelligence Version: 1.315.1006.0

Previous security intelligence Version: 1.315.639.0

Update Source: Shared security intelligence Root

Security intelligence Type: AntiSpyware

Update Type: Delta

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Current Engine Version: 1.1.17000.7

Previous Engine Version: 1.1.17000.7

Error code: 0x80070005

Error description: Access is denied.

Vince Tsoi, May 27, 2023
Thema:

Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

1. Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection... - Similar Threads - Trying update security

2. Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...: Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection definition update failed. how do I clear it?? Error code 2147024816...
  3. Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...: Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection definition update failed. how do I clear it?? Error code 2147024816...
  4. Windows Defender for VDI - error trying to update security intelligence - 0x80070005

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender for VDI - error trying to update security intelligence - 0x80070005: Hi We've configured a UNC share for VM's to fetch defender updates and have configured group policy correctly so the VM's download from the share. Our VM's are not updating - but the error suggests the SYSTEM account does not have access. I have validated that the SYSTEM...
  5. Security Intelligence Update Reinstalling

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Intelligence Update Reinstalling: I've had a problem over the last few weeks where the most recent Security Intelligence update reinstalls itself on every start-up and never officially installs, it's causing problems with other gameplay specifically World of Warcraft in that I cannot open games due to the...
  6. I tried manual update but I always get same error message.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I tried manual update but I always get same error message.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zeljkom_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itry27/i_tried_manual_update_but_i_always_get_same_error/
  7. Automatic Security Intelligence Update

Automatic Security Intelligence Update: Whenever I go to Windows Update and click on Check for updates, I get Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender. Some times 2 or 3 updates every day. My question: Can I tell Windows to check for updates automatically maybe twice a day and auto install these security...
  8. Security Intelligence Update

Security Intelligence Update: Every single time I get one of those updates I get the blue screen telling me the system quit working. It then gathers information and restarts which is very frustrating because it always happens when I'm in an online poker tournament. I check the reliability report and it...
  9. Security Intelligence update (WD)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Intelligence update (WD): Hi folks is this some new system / method that WD does for its updates or is this just the "standard" Virus definition database that WD uses being updated. So long as the system works OK and does its protection job I'm not too bothered but I m curious as to what it actually...
  10. Stepping up protection with intelligent security

in Windows 10 News
    Stepping up protection with intelligent security: With digital transformation, technology becomes increasingly central to every business and organization. This makes ensuring cybersecurity increasingly important. And, as employees increase their use of mobile devices and cloud-based apps, protecting their work requires a new...