Windows 10: Trying to update the latest windows 10

Discus and support Trying to update the latest windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need help to activate wondows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kimjohnson5, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Trying to update the latest windows 10

I need help to activate wondows 10

:)

kimjohnson5, Mar 13, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Trying to update the latest windows 10

Windows 10 update being enabled.

srlsly? Looks like MS nerfed it then. Hope you get it sorted.

I have to confess that I've not paid much attention to it and didn't bother updating it, although I probably should have.

qubit, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Trying to update the latest windows 10

1. Trying to update the latest windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trying update latest

2. Latest update for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update for Windows 10: The latest update for Windows 10 prevents Firefox and Edge from loading. Everything works fine once I've uninstalled the latest update so the problem is clearly yours. Please note I do not want to upgrade to Windows 11 but I do want Microsoft to fix this glitch ASAP!...
  3. Tried everything! Can't update to latest version of Windows 10

Tried everything! Can't update to latest version of Windows 10: I'll be very grateful for some help. I've tried everything! My PC is running Windows 10, version 1803, and it is unable to update to the latest version. It finds the latest version, downloads it, installs it, restarts, and then I see the BSOD, with "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION...
  4. Windows 10 latest update

Windows 10 latest update: I have recently restored my System to a previous date coz I had installed a software which was causing problems. I had also updated my windows in the course. After the system restore, the update got uninstalled and I cannot install it back. My settings update screen shows...
  5. Trying to update Windows 10 to latest version.

Trying to update Windows 10 to latest version.: I am currently running Windows 10 64-bit version 1709. I try to run the update assistant to get it to the current version and nothing seems to be working to update it....
  6. Latest Windows 10 update

Latest Windows 10 update: Since installing the latest Win 10 upgrade, I’ve been experiencing a weird problem. While using my computer, the screen turns blue, like it has a blue filter over it, and it’s impossible to see what’s on the screen, so I have to re-boot. It isn’t the “blue screen if death”,...
  7. Windows 10 latest update

Windows 10 latest update: My computer no longer knows my account. I cannot get through the "repair" process because it does not recognize my password. Blue screens with instructions, but cannot enter due to password decline that I know is correct because I can log in and out on my MAC....
  8. Trying to install the latest quailty update...

Trying to install the latest quailty update...: So I was trying to install the latest quallity update and then it said: Sorry, but an update service was shutting down. Clicking retry does nothing. -Codie -Former Insider. :D (And the update disappeared and didn't show up in the update history :/)...
  9. Latest windows 10 update

Latest windows 10 update: So... I started my laptop as I have some work to do and Windows tells me it has to do an update. I need to work so I ignored it. Windows promptly starts updating, slowly. I leave the laptop to get on with it as there's nothing I can do. I check on it now and again and after...
  10. Trying to update to latest win10 version

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to update to latest win10 version: When I try to update it gets just so far and then a message pops up telling me that Avira AntiVir has to be uninstalled because it is not compatible with Win10. When I attempt to uninstall the Avira it gets very, very close to doing so, but then freezes and will never...