Windows 10: Trying to update Windows 8.1 to 10 using Media Creation Tool, BSODs with...

Discus and support Trying to update Windows 8.1 to 10 using Media Creation Tool, BSODs with... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Running Windows 8.1, Intel i5 3570K, AsRock Z77 Extreme4, Gigabyte GTX 770, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, Asus DVD/CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Larkija, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Larkija Win User

Trying to update Windows 8.1 to 10 using Media Creation Tool, BSODs with...

Running Windows 8.1, Intel i5 3570K, AsRock Z77 Extreme4, Gigabyte GTX 770, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, Asus DVD/CD drive.

I've updated all the drivers I could think of. Most of the solutions online are for people experiencing this error on startup but I am getting it as soon as I open the latest Media Creation Tool on Microsoft's website, as well as an older version I previously downloaded. The BSOD doesn't specify what kind of SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error it is.

Starting in safe mode loads the installer and fixes the problem, but it won't allow the upgrade due to it being in safe mode.

What can I do to fix this? I can give anymore information if needed. I appreciate any help provided.

:)

Larkija, Oct 2, 2019

2. creation of windows 10 media

Hi Jithesh,

You might face this issue if the downloaded setup file is corrupted.

• Did you try to download the setup again?
    • Did you try to upgrade through Windows Update?

First, I would suggest you to try updating through Windows Update and check if you are able to upgrade to Windows 10. If you are unable to upgrade through Windows Update, then I would suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO again and save it locally
    on the desktop and then try to run the upgrade.

Media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Trying to update Windows 8.1 to 10 using Media Creation Tool, BSODs with...

Problems upgrading to Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool.

Hi Abel,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Which operating system are you currently running on your computer?

• Is you’re your anti-virus utility software disabled?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the steps provided below and
    check if it helps.

Method 1

Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows
    10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Clean Boot:

Notes

• You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot.

• Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or
      experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.

• If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change the advanced
      boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below, in order to perform a clean boot on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

I also suggest you to refer to the link below for more information about downloading Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Trying to update Windows 8.1 to 10 using Media Creation Tool, BSODs with...

1. Trying to update Windows 8.1 to 10 using Media Creation Tool, BSODs with... - Similar Threads - Trying update using

2. Media Creation Tool Error windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool Error windows 8: I am trying to upgrade from windows 8 to 10 and it comes up with an error whenever i try to run the media creation tool. any help would be appreciated, i need to update windows asap...
  3. Media Creation Tool Error windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Error windows 8: I am trying to upgrade from windows 8 to 10 and it comes up with an error whenever i try to run the media creation tool. any help would be appreciated, i need to update windows asap...
  4. Media Creation Tool Error windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. trying to get windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to get windows 10 media creation tool: im trying to get the windows 10 media creation tool but microsofts website isnt loading so can anyone give me the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-get-windows-10-media-creation-tool/abb5d44b-6be6-4065-bb33-49816437e037
  6. Media Creation Tool updated

Media Creation Tool updated: I just wanted to pass on a bit of info to the forum. The Media Creation Tool 1903 version has been updated to build 18362.418 on Microsoft website 143017
  7. Can't update Windows 10 using media creation tool

Can't update Windows 10 using media creation tool: I did some research and this is new to me.. I am trying to update/repair of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool, but it fails with the message "This tool can't update your PC. The language or edition of the version of Windows that is currently installed on your PC isn't...
  8. Can't update Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool

Can't update Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool: Hi, My pc is having some stability problems. Using a Seagate tool I have verified that the hard drives don't have problems. I have used sfc/scannow, which reports that some system files are corrupt, but it cannot fix them. It does not say what then to do. I was told to run...
  9. trying to update by media creation tool

trying to update by media creation tool: trying to update by media creation tool downloaded ok and created iso dvd. on running i cannot keep personal files and apps it says you cannot keep windows setting, personal files and apps because you have chosen to install windows 10 using a different language to the one...
  10. Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool

Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool: Hello The tech I have been working with told me to download the WMC tool to help straighten out my W10 system. He said I will need a 6 gig flash drive. I downloaded the tool to another computer and it is only a 17 MBT .exe file? Why do I need a 6 gig flash drive for this...