Windows 10: Trying to Update Windows but encountering AMD Drivers message even though I'm using Intel

Discus and support Trying to Update Windows but encountering AMD Drivers message even though I'm using Intel in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi I have an Origin PC desktop with spec listed below: Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G Gaming WiFi AC Processors: Intel Core i7 8700K... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cipherzero1, May 27, 2020.

1. Trying to Update Windows but encountering AMD Drivers message even though I'm using Intel

Trying to Update Windows but encountering AMD Drivers message even though I'm using Intel q3t1KJraHarP_OYozNxKt47i86ivnj2Nv5z1ccUEkqA.jpg

Hi I have an Origin PC desktop with spec listed below:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G Gaming WiFi AC

Processors: Intel Core i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.7GHz TurboBoost).

Graphic Cards: Single 11GB GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Memory: 32GB ORIGIN PC DDR4 Powered by Kingston 3200MHz (4 X 8GB)

Operating System Drive #1 (Primary): 1TB Samsung 860 EVO Series

Hard Drive #2 EVOLV: Free 250GB Western Digital Black NVMe M.2

Hard Drive #3 EVOLV: Storage Drive Pre-Wire

I was trying to update windows 10 but the update but couldn't get through until I resolve the AMD Ryzen driver message. Even though my pc does not have AMD products.

https://preview.redd.it/ohiz0ud07b1...bp&s=498f2e40e6ee739492f51919ca1c549e4f000a7d

I checked in computer management and found for some odd reason there is in fact an AMD RAID driver installed on the second hard drive.

https://preview.redd.it/ffvk4d417b1...bp&s=02f5109f8c602467bd75af09e2e503af191a22e6

Any idea how i can change that driver or fix the issue so the update can go through?

submitted by /u/Cipherzero1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cipherzero1, May 27, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 27, 2020
  3. Artopsy Win User
    intel core i7 and AMD drivers?

my intel i7 should have drivers that are intel. correct?

a crash dump states

a m d 6 4 f r e . r s 3 _ r e l e a s e . 1 7 0 9 2 8 - 1 5 3 4
    d b g c o r
    e . a m d 6 4 , 1 0 . 0 . 1 6 2 9 9 . 1 5

so I looked in device manager

pci bus states AMD and the processor states intel core i7 cpu

how do I get the pci bus to intel? or is this normal ??

driver deletion and update goes AMD

Artopsy, May 27, 2020
  4. Trying to Update Windows but encountering AMD Drivers message even though I'm using Intel

intel and amd wont work together

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Did you bought that AMD Radeon Graphics card separately or came with your PC?
    • How about disabling Intel Graphics Card and using AMD Radeon Graphics card?

I suspect the problem might be with the incompatible AMD Graphics card drivers. I mean, you can see this kind of behavior when driver malfunctions on background. Suggest you to check for latest AMD Radeon Graphics card drivers on device Manufacturer website,
    if in case it came along with your computer. If in case you bought it separately then try to search for the drivers on AMD official website. Most probably this will fix the issue.

Sometimes latest drivers still fails to work correctly due to compatibility on Windows 10. In view of the same, try installing legacy drivers (I.e. Either Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1) to see if it makes any difference.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Trying to Update Windows but encountering AMD Drivers message even though I'm using Intel

1. Trying to Update Windows but encountering AMD Drivers message even though I'm using Intel - Similar Threads - Trying Update encountering

2. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  3. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  4. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10: Intel, Nvidia & AMD display drivers updated

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Intel, Nvidia & AMD display drivers updated: Intel, Nvidia and AMD have published their September 2020 display drivers for Windows 10. If you’ve Windows 10 version 1809 or newer, you should be able to update your display drivers and grab the fixes or support for new games. Intel’s “unlocked” display driver for Windows...
  6. Hearing "Windows Shutdown.wav" on occasion even though I'm using the No Sounds scheme?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hearing "Windows Shutdown.wav" on occasion even though I'm using the No Sounds scheme?: I'm occasionally hearing this sound during regular use, and not sure what is triggering it, or why I'm hearing it to begin with, as I have all windows sounds disabled. Any assistance would be appreciated. submitted by /u/NevanNedall [link] [comments]...
  7. Administor error even though I'm administor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administor error even though I'm administor?: Hello there, here's the problem. I want to install the driver for a graphics tablet. Unfortunately I always get an error message that an "administor blocked the app". The settings of the user account control are already adjusted downwards and the tip " Then open the path...
  8. Do AMD processors encounter more problems than intels?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Do AMD processors encounter more problems than intels?: I know they are getting better each time in fact they are almost as powerful. They are a better pick for gaming but are they as reliable an compatible with everything Intel Processors are?? I have never had a computer with amd and I need Reassurance if they work with all...
  9. "No AMD graphics driver is installed" even though the GPU is fine

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "No AMD graphics driver is installed" even though the GPU is fine: Hi, I just thought I need help with this though it doesn't really bother me that much because I don't game too much anyway. I just wanna list the specs here first before I talk about more details Specs (ASUS X550ZE Laptop): AMD A8 7200p Radeon R5 (AMD A8) + Radeon...
  10. Access issues (EVEN THOUGH I'M THE OWNER...)

in Windows 10 Support
    Access issues (EVEN THOUGH I'M THE OWNER...): I'm beyond frustrated with this crap. But here it goes. I'm TRYING to delete my steam directory on my games partition on my SSD because it's not working properly and I want to just delete it and start fresh (since the only game in it is fallout 4). When I try to delete it,...