Windows 10: Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key

Discus and support Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm having some trouble upgrading my version of windows 10 from home to pro. I purchased a product key in the sales to upgrade the OS, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by StewartGoldthorp, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble upgrading my version of windows 10 from home to pro. I purchased a product key in the sales to upgrade the OS, but I didn't realise my system had a digital license attached. The upgrade obviously fails as it's a product key and won't change a digital license. My question is, is there any way that I can have this upgraded using my product key, or was it a total waste of money and now I need to pay for a digital license too? Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

Stewart

:)

StewartGoldthorp, Dec 31, 2020

2. Digital license & product key details

• Hi, I'm running Windows 10 already and received an upgrade notification from Microsoft but can't install it because I don't have the Product Key or Digital Licence details

Dave Roberts 1052, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Ford12 Win User
    digital licence or key

Hi

I just upgraded my windows 7 pro laptop and it says its activated with a digital licence.

I also have a physical licence key which I purchased from an authorised seller of refurbished machines because I am selling one of their refurbished machines and I am getting it ready for resale.

The key is for windows 10 pro for refurbished pcs which this one is.

It had windows 7 pro on it. And I am selling it with windows 10

Because its activated itself do I need to change the product key to what the label says?

Or can I just leave it as being digitally activated and stick the Key on the side of the case.

Or why do I need a key on the side of the case if its digitally activated successfully.

Thanks

Ford12, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key

Win10 home in S mode version 1909 product key

In Settings, Update, Activation does it show you as being activated with a digital licence?

If so, you do not need a product key. You can just reinstall, skip the product key step and it will reactivate automatically when you next go online.

Denis

Thema:

Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key

1. Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key - Similar Threads - Trying upgrade Digital

2. Digital product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital product key: I mgrated from [by force] from windows 8 to windows 10 sgle home language. I did not received a digital product licence key. I am experiencing some blue screen trouble. Where do I find my digital licence key or must I buy Windows 10 again after the migration?...
  3. digital product key

digital product key: downloaded free windows 10 home to a usb drive. notebook had win 7 on it. did a clean install. windows telling me it can't find a product key. device is registered to microsoft and is licensed to me...
  4. digital licence key

digital licence key: How do i find the licence key on my pc. it is an upgrade from windows 7 to w 10 I am signed in as admin & would like to know the key number for reference https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence-key/cf6c69d1-5eb6-424b-93b8-67c10945a255
  5. Digital licence Windows bad upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Digital licence Windows bad upgrade: Has anyone needed come across bad upgrade Windows 10 ? Going through process reinstalling Windows 10 on surface pro 7. I don't have access to orginal product key and have been talking with Microsoft about new digital licence. Can anyone supply me with link, advice ?...
  6. digital licence or key

digital licence or key: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 pro laptop and it says its activated with a digital licence. I also have a physical licence key which I purchased from an authorised seller of refurbished machines because I am selling one of their refurbished machines and I am getting it...
  7. Product Key & Digital Licence

Product Key & Digital Licence: Want to know what is the difference in having a product key of Window OS 'OR' having Digital License of the same. Invite the comments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-digital-licence/6beeebcc-3c92-4891-9220-5d7910b99ab6
  8. Win10 digital licence key

Win10 digital licence key: Hi I am wondering my Old PC says that i am activated like this windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account and now i bought new PC and i want to transfer my licence and windows to new PC and old pc will not be used anymore....
  9. Product Key for Digital Upgrade

Product Key for Digital Upgrade: Trying to activate Win 10 Pro (just upgraded from Win 10 Home) to create an admin account. MS says it's in the receipt, but then says elsewhere if it was a digital download, you don't need one and just click on that option. Sorry, not seeing an option to continue withot a...
  10. upgrading windows with digital licence

upgrading windows with digital licence: I recently got a new computer. I have a digital licence for windows 10 pro on my old computer. I want to use that licence on my new computer however I have windows 10 home installed (and not activated) on the new computer. So when trying to activate my digital licence on this...