Windows 10: Trying to upgrade my pc on the Windows 10 ( product key problems)

Discus and support Trying to upgrade my pc on the Windows 10 ( product key problems) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Boni4real [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k80j2r/trying_to_upgrade_my_pc_on_the_windows_10_product/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Boni4real, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Trying to upgrade my pc on the Windows 10 ( product key problems)

/u/Boni4real, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 6, 2020
  3. AddRAM Win User
    win 10 upgrade asking for product key

Just try it through Windows update, you shouldn`t have any issues.

Excellent question Navy, that`s probabaly why. If not then, as suggested, just use the Media Creation Tool and choose upgrade this PC in Step 3.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

AddRAM, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Trying to upgrade my pc on the Windows 10 ( product key problems)

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Trying to upgrade my pc on the Windows 10 ( product key problems)

1. Trying to upgrade my pc on the Windows 10 ( product key problems) - Similar Threads - Trying upgrade product

2. product key of my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key of my pc: Product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-of-my-pc/cfce9866-6518-448c-a02e-73bd7d3c81a1
  3. product key of my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key of my pc: Product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-of-my-pc/cfce9866-6518-448c-a02e-73bd7d3c81a1
  4. Product key problem after windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key problem after windows 10 upgrade.: Sir i have original windows 7 and i have product key for windows 7 but i go to upgrade my pc in windows 10 upgrade success but my original windows is now requesting to windows 10 product key and when i enter my windows 7 product key for activation but windows 10 show my...
  5. Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key

Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key: Hi there, I'm having some trouble upgrading my version of windows 10 from home to pro. I purchased a product key in the sales to upgrade the OS, but I didn't realise my system had a digital license attached. The upgrade obviously fails as it's a product key and won't change...
  6. Product Key and Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key and Upgrading to Windows 10: I live in Trinidad, but was working in the Middle East where I purchased a genuine windows7 Home Premium edition, on the box has activation restrictions to the Middle East and Africa. I am currently in Trinidad, this is a spare laptop i have and want to upgrade to windows 10...
  7. Problem with my product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with my product key: I am having a problem using my old laptops Windows Professional edition product key on this new laptop with windows 10 home edition. I have tried to go into the cmd prompt command shell and add the key there but it's still not allowing me to use it. I know that I had it on...
  8. Problem with Windows 10 Product Key

Problem with Windows 10 Product Key: i have windows 10 whit legal prodact key installed but allways i have error this prodact key its anvalid [Original Title: prodact key] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-windows-10-product-key/4dc7e44b-3e4e-44e0-8ebb-d13b06686724
  9. Tried to upgrade to Win 10 Pro, but my Product Key did not "take".

Tried to upgrade to Win 10 Pro, but my Product Key did not "take".: After I bought a digital copy of Win 10 Pro, I did the upgrade as suggested here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro However, my Product Key did not "take". Now I'm stuck with an unactivated copy of Pro, and I can't revert, nor...
  10. Trying to upgrade my sister's computer. (With a bugged product key)

Trying to upgrade my sister's computer. (With a bugged product key): So I found the weird "UpgradeWindowsApp" and I copied it on my USB flash drive and I will put to my sister's somehow unupgradable computer. I think it won't work because of the product key......