Windows 10: Trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7

Discus and support Trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried several times and get one message to uninstall NVidia GeForce, not sure how to. Then it gets to second boot and error in migrate data. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarolClarke3, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7

I have tried several times and get one message to uninstall NVidia GeForce, not sure how to. Then it gets to second boot and error in migrate data. I am not very computer savvy, but would like a solution to my problem if possible. Thank you

:)

CarolClarke3, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 14, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

Trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7

1. Trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 - Similar Threads - Trying upgrade

2. Trying to upgrade my laptop OS from 32-bit to 64-bit. It has a 64-bit processor which means...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to upgrade my laptop OS from 32-bit to 64-bit. It has a 64-bit processor which means...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GazeK2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/euei9v/trying_to_upgrade_my_laptop_os_from_32bit_to/
  3. Windows 10 upgrade - Error 0x8007042b - 0x4000D - Failure after many attempts trying all...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade - Error 0x8007042b - 0x4000D - Failure after many attempts trying all...: Trying to upgrade from 1809 to 0909 however continually get the error Error 0x8007042b - 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation Have spent many hours researching and trying the various option solutions offered,...
  4. I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.

I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.: After purchasing windows 10 home, I downloaded it and follow the steps on screen. However, after restarting my computer twice, it is still running windows 7. Any advice?...
  5. On Windows 7 Pro trying to Upgrade to Windows 10 but keep crashing tried whatever i could...

On Windows 7 Pro trying to Upgrade to Windows 10 but keep crashing tried whatever i could...: I have a toshiba thinkpad T520 and is currently running windows 7 pro. i have been trying to upgrade to windows 10 for the past week but keep getting different errors. i keep having internet connection isssues via wifi built in i have to disable lan then reboot laptop n then...
  6. 0x8007042B - 0x2000D Error trying to Upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro

0x8007042B - 0x2000D Error trying to Upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro: Hi. I'm not a tech or computer expert; thanks for your assistance. I'm running Windows 7 Professional SP1 and am trying to upgrade to Windows 10. To upgrade I went to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 and downloaded and ran the media creation tool....
  7. I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows...

I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows...: I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows Update error 80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-upgrade-from-win-7-home-to-win-10/e5d13a97-88da-47c4-a340-ae2057397c5a
  8. Update issues Ok, I tried to upgrade Windows 10.

Update issues Ok, I tried to upgrade Windows 10.: When I checked the computer many hours later, the computer said error, and it should start over. But when I did, he just said that I should start over. However, I can open the CMD, so I wonder if there is any command to open the desktop with? Or any other command, so you can...
  9. When I try to upgrade from 7 to 10 the tool opens, runs but closes out in the middle of...

When I try to upgrade from 7 to 10 the tool opens, runs but closes out in the middle of...: Split from this thread. When I try to upgrade from 7 to 10 the tool opens, runs but closes out in the middle of upgrading each time. I meet the requirements and have tried in safe mode, made a thumb drive and tried, updated my pc and all drivers to to make sure, ran a disk...
  10. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: When I download to creat the ISO to install windows 10 pro, it will not give me the option to select Window 10 Pro only Windows 10. When I try to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro, it will only let me upgrade to Windows 10 Home. I don't want home. How can I get Windows 10 Pro...