Windows 10: Trying to upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support Trying to upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started the update which had been downloaded from my reserve copy via Windows. After about 15 minutes, I came back into the room and the computer was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by calgt, Aug 8, 2015.

1. calgt Win User

Trying to upgrade to windows 10

I started the update which had been downloaded from my reserve copy via Windows. After about 15 minutes, I came back into the room and the computer was off... I tried to restart...the light came on, but the screen remained black. I have let it sit for over 20 min. now, and still the same result.
    Help please?

:)

calgt, Aug 8, 2015

2. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

Reverting back to 7 is not possible, who would of guessed? God damn wheres the **** support for this ****!

I have also tried to use an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet and the same or similar problems arise (not being able to access the flashing or none flashing taskbar with along with the windows associated programs). I suppose the direction windows
    is going, that internet is just a useless thing of the past??

Windows 11 or "9" must be the answer to the inbred thinking to windows 10. AWFUL COMPANY AND PRODUCT! thanks for the damn support Trying to upgrade to windows 10 ;) i feel appreciated as a customer.

downgraded to 10, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

I will just disregard this message and revert back to Windows 7. This has been very disappointing. This is a Microsoft upgrade and a Microsoft issue, which there is minute support for. I use this computer for work purposes, and this experience has done nothing
    but conflict the way I make my money. Therefor, I will not be wasting my money on a company that has no interest in supporting their customers or taking the time (three years obviously was not nearly enough) to make sure,
    their product, is fully functional before it is pushed out.

Please ignore this entire post unless there is a known fix or an update that solves the incompetency of this upgrade. I wish to not waste anymore of my time with dead ends. Wish me good luck in reverting back to 7 as I have little faith in this faulty operating
    system!

downgraded to 10, Aug 8, 2015
  4. CmmTch Win User

It's going to take much longer than 15 minutes to download/install W10, even if it was already downloaded it would take longer to install than the time you gave it.

When I upgraded my laptop (haven't done my desktop yet) it was 15-18 minutes for the download, 2.6G. Then another 40 minutes or so, maybe not that long, for the install to completely finish.

If you can do it please start over and give it time, the screen does turn dark and there were I think 3 maybe 4 reboots during the install. You might want to stay with it this time so you can see the process and what's going on. Depending on your system it might take a little longer than one would think.

CmmTch, Aug 9, 2015
  5. CmmTch Win User
    Welcome to tenforums calgt

Check this tutorial for assist in upgrading, Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

It has several ways to upgrade/install W10, I used update from Win7 Windows update to download and install W10. That's method #4 in the tutorial which is the reserve and download.

Good luck *Smile

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trying upgrade

2. Trying to upgrade from Server 2012 R2 to Server 2016.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to upgrade from Server 2012 R2 to Server 2016.: Keep getting "We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows Server 2016. Try restarting Setup. Over and over and over again. Any solutions?...
  3. Trying to upgrade from Server 2012 R2 to Server 2016.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to upgrade from Server 2012 R2 to Server 2016.: Keep getting "We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows Server 2016. Try restarting Setup. Over and over and over again. Any solutions?...
  4. Getting error message when trying to upgrade to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error message when trying to upgrade to Pro: It say's Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-message-when-trying-to-upgrade-to/578dc283-e6bd-407c-9f0b-9b0278d40192
  5. Getting error message when trying to upgrade to Pro

Getting error message when trying to upgrade to Pro: It say's Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-message-when-trying-to-upgrade-to/578dc283-e6bd-407c-9f0b-9b0278d40192
  6. Trying to upgrade windows 11 Home OEM to windows 11 pro Retail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to upgrade windows 11 Home OEM to windows 11 pro Retail: Hello everybodyI have a retail key from my old laptop which was windows 10 pro Retail and wanted to use it on my new laptop which came pre-installed with windows 11 Home OEM, is there anyway i can upgrade the license to the pro version that i have because i read that it is...
  7. Trying to upgrade windows 11 Home OEM to windows 11 pro Retail

Trying to upgrade windows 11 Home OEM to windows 11 pro Retail: Hello everybodyI have a retail key from my old laptop which was windows 10 pro Retail and wanted to use it on my new laptop which came pre-installed with windows 11 Home OEM, is there anyway i can upgrade the license to the pro version that i have because i read that it is...
  8. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...
  9. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...
  10. Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...: Hello i asked a month ago i had to revert back to windows 8 after it would not start up right. So i used this app on my Lenovo laptop a recovery key but i forgot using that it make my PC go back to windows 8 and now all my games are gone because i forgot to use restore point...