Windows 10: Trying to use Microsoft media to re-install windows 10

Discus and support Trying to use Microsoft media to re-install windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using Microsoft Windows 10 installation media to re-install to a failed hard drive. When it gets to the selection for the target drive, it reports 0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasE. Singer, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Trying to use Microsoft media to re-install windows 10

Using Microsoft Windows 10 installation media to re-install to a failed hard drive. When it gets to the selection for the target drive, it reports 0 bytes available. I've run chkdsk and it reports plenty of storage ~1T. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

ThomasE. Singer, Aug 29, 2020

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. CK011885 Win User

Trying to use Microsoft media to re-install windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Trying to use Microsoft media to re-install windows 10

1. Trying to use Microsoft media to re-install windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trying Microsoft media

2. Trying to install new windows 10 clean installation copy on usb using the media tool but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install new windows 10 clean installation copy on usb using the media tool but...: I tried to google for a solution nothing helped so far.Tried to download the tool directly to the usb and run it from the usb.Tried to running the tool from my hard disk.Tried to running it as admin.Formatted the usb with this settings :When the tool is making the usb ready...
  3. Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool: so, i'm trying to perform an inplace upgrade using the media creation tool, but it turns out I got this error. any idea on what I should do now? or how to fix it? i followed the steps using this website but it gave me error code 0x80070005. anyone know why this happened or...
  4. Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool: so, i'm trying to perform an inplace upgrade using the media creation tool, but it turns out I got this error. any idea on what I should do now? or how to fix it? i followed the steps using this website but it gave me error code 0x80070005. anyone know why this happened or...
  5. Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Clean installation of Windows 10 using installation media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installation of Windows 10 using installation media: Greetings. I am attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 using the instructions found at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall . I was able to successfully create the installation media on a USB thumb drive. However, when I performed...
  7. windows media player re-install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows media player re-install: had to uninstall my media player. trying to reinstall. Windows 10. Followed the link on the Microsoft page: HOWEVER, the old option of "install media player" is now gone from the application menu choice on my end, also, so i can't install from Microsoft. and i don't want to...
  8. need to re-install window media player (10)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to re-install window media player (10): need to re-install window media player (10),tks for your help Emile *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Merci https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-re-install-window-media-player-10/c6e17ddd-09f9-4104-9c6a-31666b64ae58
  9. Errors Trying To Re-install Windows 10

Errors Trying To Re-install Windows 10: I have a Dell 15 5567 laptop that is out of warranty. I want to give it to a friend so I wanted to do a factory restore. I followed the Windows factory restore and it didn’t work. I then proceeded to use my recovery flash drive that I made when I first got the laptop....
  10. Trying to create windows 10 installation media

Trying to create windows 10 installation media: On my work laptop I have the issue "Location not available" after a automatic upgrade and following the instructions to fix this problem I have been trying to create a Windows 10 installation media disk on a second laptop (a Lenovo ideapad 110) but get the error "Unable to...