Windows 10: Trying to use my flash drive as virtual memory. It is not listed as a drive option under...

Discus and support Trying to use my flash drive as virtual memory. It is not listed as a drive option under... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/butternutsquash6 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/butternutsquash6, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Trying to use my flash drive as virtual memory. It is not listed as a drive option under...

/u/butternutsquash6, Sep 13, 2020
  2. little cat, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Trying to use my flash drive as virtual memory. It is not listed as a drive option under...

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Trying to use my flash drive as virtual memory. It is not listed as a drive option under...

1. Trying to use my flash drive as virtual memory. It is not listed as a drive option under... - Similar Threads - Trying flash drive

2. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive not listed under drive optimization.: My secondary hard drive for bulk storage is in need of a defragmentation. But upon going to the drive properties and bringing up the optimize program. The drive is not listed. Only my C: drive is listed....
  3. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive not listed under drive optimization.: My secondary hard drive for bulk storage is in need of a defragmentation. But upon going to the drive properties and bringing up the optimize program. The drive is not listed. Only my C: drive is listed....
  4. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Using a flash-drive or external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using a flash-drive or external hard drive: Recently every time I try to use a flash-drive or an external hard drive, I get this message. I don't have a problem using the logitech wireless adaptor for my mouse/keyboard but when I insert a flash-drive or external hard drive this pops up. [ATTACH]...
  6. MediaCreationTool1809 flash drive option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MediaCreationTool1809 flash drive option?: Hi, MediaCreationTool1809 does allow me to choose install on a flash drive (for another PC choice) but when I select "next" it goes to work only to say that I have not enough space on C: drive, no option to select which flash drive or ISO location. In fact I do not have...
  7. Unknown drive listed under optimize drives

Unknown drive listed under optimize drives: My PC seems to be misbehaving lately, so I explored various options. I checked "Defragment and Optimize Drives" tool and was presented with the display shown below. What is the 3rd entry beginning with \\?\Volume{... ? Is it something that should concern me? Can it be...
  8. Fake memory on flash drives

Fake memory on flash drives: I have recently bought a 32gb micro sd card from eBay and was wondering if there is some kind of check I can do to make sure it has correct memory on it, I have heard that some of the sd, hard drives and flash cards from eBay are being faked and what looks like a 500gb hard...
  9. Possibility to use Nearly all memory on a flash drive/ hard drive?

Possibility to use Nearly all memory on a flash drive/ hard drive?: now im a computer tec and i know that memory cards and hdd are sold as "base 10" like 1gb=1000mb to them instead of 1024mb but im revisiting this question because i was looking into this for some time now and there are some people claiming thats its possible to use more then...
  10. Virtual Memory on another drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Virtual Memory on another drive: Hi everyone, I'm a new member to your forums. I just wanted to get some input on a change I recently made with my computer. I have a small SSD installed, which I mainly just use for virtual machines occasionally. My operating system isn't installed on this SSD, but rather a...