Windows 10: Trying to use Windows Hello Face Recognition but I get the error of "Something went wrong...

Discus and support Trying to use Windows Hello Face Recognition but I get the error of "Something went wrong... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Long ass title I know. But I am sick of vague titles and I AM NOT GETTING ANY RESULTS. Let's start from the beginning of my hell. A little while ago... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FrustratedFrig, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Trying to use Windows Hello Face Recognition but I get the error of "Something went wrong...

Long ass title I know. But I am sick of vague titles and I AM NOT GETTING ANY RESULTS.

Let's start from the beginning of my hell. A little while ago I used my laptop (HP 360 Spectre 13t) on a plane and was able to log in with facial recognition. About 3 days later I went to use my laptop again and the camera wasn't working. I thought it was just a one time thing maybe the lighting in my room or something minor so I didn't mind just using my PIN. But the same thing happened the next 4 times and I started to freak out a bit. I first checked my camera app and that seemed to be the culprit. Through some garbage advice and other shotty results I finally found an article that told me to go to regedit and do a bunch of stuff. This fixed my camera! YAYYY But wait, there's more. The Windows Hello still wasn't working. But instead of "can't turn on the camera" it now said "the camera is being used in another app" Alright that's an easy fix I foolishly thought. I restarted and made sure I disabled camera from anything but Windows Hello and tried again. Nada. Alright that is weird... maybe try resetting Windows Hello I thought. Well I thought removing and resetting the face id would be simple but oh how wrong I was. Now I don't even have a test point from sign in. I now am unable to set up a face id at all. Help please I have tried everything but a factory reset and I really don't want to do that. I am not a tech savvy person and I know absolutely nothing about resetting and recovering my data so I am deeply afraid.

Things I have tried:

Updating and Reinstalling Camera and Hello Face drives

Installing HelloFace.inf

Safe Mode Boot

Disabling camera

Resetting camera

Turning off Windows Hello and turning it back on

etc.

Pretty much everything else you can think of honestly.

Basically what I have determined... I have no idea if this is correct. But normally both the IR and regular camera are going whilst you use Hello Face. When I try to set it up I see the red lights but not the white one. But the white one turns on when I open the camera app. So I know it is working but not on Windows Hello???? I really have no idea what is going on.

PLEASE if you have any idea how to help I'd be so grateful!!

:)

FrustratedFrig, Dec 18, 2019

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Biometric Facial Recognition – Windows Hello - Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Window Hello/face recognition is not working in Windowns 10

Hi Carlos,

For us to isolate your concern with Windows Hello/face recognition issue, we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 18, 2019
  4. RLAR Win User

Trying to use Windows Hello Face Recognition but I get the error of "Something went wrong...

Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

Thnx. I did try turning off the "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face" button. (That wording is a little different then your screen is showing.) When I restarted my computer, the face recognition mode came up with a dismiss comment, red lights flashing and it just sat there. Eventually it said welcome, but then the screen went black...for about 10 minutes. I thought I was dead in the water. So kinda chicken to try it again. And chicken to attempt step 2....way out of my league. Maybe under face recognition, above the turn on/off auto face button, I should select "remove," and it would defaut to my pin? Seems odd that something that should be so simple isn't.

Thema:

Trying to use Windows Hello Face Recognition but I get the error of "Something went wrong...

1. Trying to use Windows Hello Face Recognition but I get the error of "Something went wrong... - Similar Threads - Trying Hello Face

2. Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later.": To anyone who will answer, Hello, I can't use my fingerprint scanner because every time I click Sign-in Options then Windows Hello Face, it always says "Something went wrong. Try again Later.".I already tried uninstalling in device manager and other methods taught in Youtube....
  3. Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later.": To anyone who will answer, Hello, I can't use my fingerprint scanner because every time I click Sign-in Options then Windows Hello Face, it always says "Something went wrong. Try again Later.".I already tried uninstalling in device manager and other methods taught in Youtube....
  4. Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later.": To anyone who will answer, Hello, I can't use my fingerprint scanner because every time I click Sign-in Options then Windows Hello Face, it always says "Something went wrong. Try again Later.". I already tried uninstalling in device manager and other methods taught in...
  5. Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later.": To anyone who will answer, Hello, I can't use my fingerprint scanner because every time I click Sign-in Options then Windows Hello Face, it always says "Something went wrong. Try again Later.". I already tried uninstalling in device manager and other methods taught in...
  6. Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. When I try to remove Windows Hello Face, I get the error "Something went wrong. Try again...

When I try to remove Windows Hello Face, I get the error "Something went wrong. Try again...: I would very much like to remove Windows Hello Face from my device. However, when I go to settings>accounts>sign-in options, the Window Hello Face option displays the following messages: This option is currently unavailable Something went wrong. Try again later....
  8. Something went wrong. Windows hello pincode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something went wrong. Windows hello pincode.: [ATTACH] Disclaimer: Not me but my sister who still live at home so due to COVID-19 info updates can be a bit slow. The dutch in the picture just says "something went wrong." Problem: when loging in she often gets the following error (translated from dutch): "Your...
  9. Window Hello face recognition setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.'

Window Hello face recognition setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.': Hey, Some time ago function face recognition in Windows Hello stopped working. When I run setup face recognition, I get a message 'Sorry, something went wrong.' I can't delete my remembered faces. I tried to reset the settings as described below but it didn't help....
  10. face recognition - Sorry, something went wrong, use pin

in Windows 10 Support
    face recognition - Sorry, something went wrong, use pin: When I fire up my Surface Pro 6 (which has face recognition and PIN set up) I often get the error message, "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in with your PIN." Has anyone else had this problem, and has a solution been found? Googling hasn't unearthed a specific item...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Hello Sorry something went wrong

2. windows hello face recognition setup something went wrong

3. surface 6 surface hello face something went wrong solved

4. windows hello face something went wrong